Banksy is gone

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I know your heart is aching, I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think you are ready to take on another pup.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry for your loss and I know you need time to heal but you will heal. I lost a pup but the hole in my heart needed a new focus so I could breathe again and a few weeks after I found my BabyGirl and I love her with all my heart.:heart:

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
I'm so so so sorry for your loss. What a devastating thing you're going through. I too am confused about the bad breeding aspect. Without further information, I agree and say that you should take the breeder up on his offer but maybe give yourself some time to heal a bit first.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I am so sorry for your loss! That is horrible! If I were you I would ask the breeder for my money back, and then I would look into another breeder. I think that getting another puppy will help with your healing so you will have something to focus on, but I'm not sure about another puppy from the same breeder. But do whatever you feel is right! I'll be thinking of you and Banksy!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I am so sorry that you lost your baby so young. If I'm reading it right, he died from a fall, not something congenital. I would take a little time to heal then collect on the breeders offer. Having a new baby won't ever replace Banksy, but it just might close up the hole a little. :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am truly sorry for your loss. I am heartbroken at this whole situation. I read your post earlier today and could not think of the words I wanted to say.

I do not know your breeder, they could be the worst scum on the planet-- but I think in the situation their offer is beyond reasonable-- more than most breeders would do in this situation (since I doubt fault can be proven). BUT maybe a bit thoughtless to suggest while your wound is so fresh from losing your baby-- as I know you don't want a replacement-- you want your Bansky! Hopefully after your heart heals you can give another puppy a loving home. If not from your current breeder, maybe another after some time. I would like to know more about your conversation with your breeder and your vet that made you feel so cheated, as I can tell in your post that you are very hurt by the loss but also by your breeder. :hug:

OP
Pamvhv

Pamvhv

Apr 2, 2012
San Jose, California, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brixton, Banksy
I seem to have been unclear. My vet (one of the best in Northern California) said that this fall (off one step like you slipping off one step to the other) should not cause the type of bleeding and then the subsequent heart attacks that happened. Speaking to a friend of mine who is one of the two paid lawyers in the country who deal with animal issues and has advised me that yes, I did in fact pick a broker not a breeder and that this particular one does a very good job at seeming like a breeder and a good one at that. So not being in the know it is easy to be fooled by this.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
R.I.P. Banksy - [MENTION=4616]Pamvhv[/MENTION] I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Banksy are in my thoughts and prayers.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
My heartfelt condolences to you. Banksy will always live in your heart. Take time to grieve...we are here for you !:hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I seem to have been unclear. My vet (one of the best in Northern California) said that this fall (off one step like you slipping off one step to the other) should not cause the type of bleeding and then the subsequent heart attacks that happened. Speaking to a friend of mine who is one of the two paid lawyers in the country who deal with animal issues and has advised me that yes, I did in fact pick a broker not a breeder and that this particular one does a very good job at seeming like a breeder and a good one at that. So not being in the know it is easy to be fooled by this.

Oh my, yes they are scum and usually either import puppies from other countries from puppy mills or get them from puppy mills in the USA.... I wish I had the answers for you but I only know of maybe you can report it to AKC? I loathe puppy brokers more than any other. There is a huge difference between a breeder and a broker.

Rupert

Mar 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rupert
I am so sorry to hear about this. So sad for you and Banksy.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I, for one, fully support "taking a broker down". Love that you have an animal litigation expert in your corner already.

I can also understand your reluctance in taking another pup from this scumbag.

Godspeed in healing your broken heart.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.