Banksy is gone

Pamvhv

Apr 2, 2012
San Jose, California, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brixton, Banksy
I tried so hard to find a responsible breeder. I failed. And because I failed Banksy died this morning and he was only three months old. He fell off a step (one step) and pulled his collar a bit. The only reason he wasn't in a harness is because the dog trainer wanted him in a collar for at least two more weeks. He popped a vessel and his lungs filled up with fluid and he began coughing up blood. He died of a heart attack just a few moments later. The breeders reaction is to offer me another pup. Like they are just interchangeable. I have never been this sad or angry in all my 32 years. He was so special and funny and he made me happy every day. I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that he was happy while he was here and I swear I will take this breeder down. If you guys have any idea who I should call (the vet said none of this that happened is normal and that it was absolutely due to bad breeding) or what to do please let me know.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm so so sorry that this happened to Banksy. :( Was the breeder the trainer? I'm confused on that. While it won't bring Banksy back, you may want to take your breeder up on the offer? Breeders may or may not be attached to their pups but for most I imagine they're puppies they never get attached too. Gosh I'm really sorry this happened. :(

PS.....YOU DID NOT FAIL!!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I am so sorry to hear this. I agree with JeannieCo you might want to take up the offer for a new one. It wont fill the hole that Banksy left but at least this way she is somewhat accountable.

Hugs to you guys.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So sorry for your loss, you and Banksy are in my thoughts and prayers.

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
My heart and thoughts go out to you. I would also take the other pup... while it's true you can never replace Banksy, you have love to give and a pup that needs it.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I can only imagine the sadness and anger you are feeling right now and it is absolutely normal. This is a terrible tragedy and that is how you have to look at it. It was probably one in a million situation and while I have my own very long list of issues with my own breeder and I spent months looking for the "best" please don't get "stuck" on the breeder thing. It will not bring your beautiful Banksy back and it will eat you up with bitterness. She actually did what a breeder should do in the situation and offer you another pup. If you are not ready right now to take that puppy home as her to keep him/her until you have grieved some. IF you had room in your heart for Banksy then it is big enough to keep his memory alive and love again. Be kind to yourself and look forward...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG - how horrible. I am so sorry for your loss. Although the new pup does not replace Banksy, I also agree that you should take the breeder up on the offer.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how horrible it was.

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
I am so sorry for your loss. This sounds so similiar to how we lost our first Bully Cheyanne but we never had an explanation other than her lungs filled with blood. She was only 11 mths old. I agree, i would take the breeder up on her offer as well. Time does heal.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I am so sorry! This is such a horrible thing to go through, and I am sure it's a lot to take in all at once. Take some time to grieve Banksy, before you even consider how you want to proceed with the breeder and potential new pup. Sending lots of love to you and Banksy!!!!

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
This makes me so sad! I am very sorry for your loss...that's heartbreaking! So the issue with the breeding was the fact that the vessel popped from the collar pulling and caused the lungs to fill up? So that is an abnormal reaction caused by something hereditary and shouldn't happen to just any puppy? I was just confused about that.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for you loss and what a terrible thing to happen, but I am a bit confused also on how bad breeding could have caused this. I am not trying to take up for the breeder, but just curious. It is a tragic thing that happened and if the breeder is offering another pup then if you still have room in your heart for another pup, then I would take them up on their offer. So sad for Banksy, I know you loved him dearly and he will forever be in your heart.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.