Question about post-neutering

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I've always had girl dogs or small dogs so this question might seem silly to some of you but...

Herschel was neutered last Friday (almost a week ago). He is acting normal... active, playing, eating, pooping etc. I was just concerned because he still looks intact. The sac is smaller, but feels almost like there is still something in there.. at least one. He developed bruising on the bottom of the sac last night. He has no tenderness and the bruising is already starting to go away and the sac seems smaller today than yesterday.

Having small dogs, the sac was gone immediately. Am I overreacting or is this a concern 5 1/2 days after surgery? I am taking him in to the vet in the morning but would just like your thoughts on this.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I'll be interested to see some responses, will be doing that soon.

Wish I could help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is the swelling and could be some tissue/skin... as long as it does not look infected it is normal and will continue to get smaller over time

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson was the same way. We had both our guys done the same day back in February. Jack was quite obvious he had been neutered and Wilson still looked like he had his dingles bells. It took a couple of weeks before the swelling went down and he started to shrivel up. I kept squeezing them to make sure that theyā€™d really been nipped. :laugh: Wilson bounced back real fast too. Give Hershel a couple of weeks. :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus still sorta looked like he has his boys but within 2 weeks they were deflated lol He did have a bump on his incision area but that was due to the dissovables not fully dissolving and it was ok in about 3 days...

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Wilson was the same way. We had both our guys done the same day back in February. Jack was quite obvious he had been neutered and Wilson still looked like he had his dingles bells. It took a couple of weeks before the swelling went down and he started to shrivel up. I kept squeezing them to make sure that theyā€™d really been nipped. :laugh: Wilson bounced back real fast too. Give Hershel a couple of weeks. :)

Dingle bells :laugh:

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Thanks all... I feel much better now hahaha. Still stopping by the vet's for a visit and then we are going to visit Herschel's "grandma and grandpa" lol! Poor Herschel is probably tired of me checking his manly bits but I am just worried.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook was the same too... back to his usually self within a day, and it took some time for the sac to umm... go away, I guess.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Dingle bells :laugh:

I didnā€™t know what else to call them in this part of the forumā€¦:laugh: :angel: :laugh:

Danielle, youā€™re very welcome. Similar to Brutus, Wilsonā€™s incision at about the mid-point had a lump too and that area took a bit longer to heal and for the scab that formed to come off (he was glued shut).

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have lots of questions when it comes time for Emmaā€™s spay in a few months, Iā€™m used to boy dogs.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka's disappeared pretty much right away but he was just 5.5 months when we had his done. The empty skin hung down for a while but that's it. He also got a little bump or two where the knot of the stitch was that scabbed and then came off and scabbed again but that went away with time and a little dab of neosporin. :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.