Red eyes

Chase Buckner

May 23, 2012
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hello all. I'm new to the site/forum so please forgive me if this is an old topic. Our bulldog Lola (11 months) often has red eyes, which leads me to believe she has allergies. I can't figure out what she could be allergic to as we've changed her food twice now (finally found a winner that cleared up her skin), but I've heard that plastic eating/drinking bowls can cause irritation. Has anyone noticed a bad reaction to plastic bowls?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Use steel or porcelain bowls only. She could have seasonal allergies - my Nigel does and he has red eyes sometimes. I give him Benadryl regularly and my vet said that was ok. 25 mg pills and since he weighs 53 lbs he takes 2 per dose.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I only use stainless steel bowls, when I first got Vegas we used plastic bowls and he would get chin acne real bad, I switched bowls and his chin cleared right up. Vegas suffers from seasonal allergies, I give him Benadryl and he gets allergy shots when needed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You can try a moisturizing eye drop like Blink, see if that helps. You can also flush the eyes with eye wash, I use the one from Bausch & Lomb. If the eyes are irritated ate they also swollen? This can cause their lower eyelids to curl inward, irritating the eyes even more (entropion).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.