Red eyes

Chase Buckner

May 23, 2012
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hello all. I'm new to the site/forum so please forgive me if this is an old topic. Our bulldog Lola (11 months) often has red eyes, which leads me to believe she has allergies. I can't figure out what she could be allergic to as we've changed her food twice now (finally found a winner that cleared up her skin), but I've heard that plastic eating/drinking bowls can cause irritation. Has anyone noticed a bad reaction to plastic bowls?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Use steel or porcelain bowls only. She could have seasonal allergies - my Nigel does and he has red eyes sometimes. I give him Benadryl regularly and my vet said that was ok. 25 mg pills and since he weighs 53 lbs he takes 2 per dose.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I only use stainless steel bowls, when I first got Vegas we used plastic bowls and he would get chin acne real bad, I switched bowls and his chin cleared right up. Vegas suffers from seasonal allergies, I give him Benadryl and he gets allergy shots when needed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You can try a moisturizing eye drop like Blink, see if that helps. You can also flush the eyes with eye wash, I use the one from Bausch & Lomb. If the eyes are irritated ate they also swollen? This can cause their lower eyelids to curl inward, irritating the eyes even more (entropion).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.