Do you give your bully heartworm preventative?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Yes! Always have! One Vet said all year around the other said only March through October! So we have been giving heartguard plus the first of the month (March through Oct)

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Our vet says we don't need to do it year around because we live so close to the ocean. I give it to them from April to November. I have not given it to boadie yet, at what age do you start to it to puppies? I was planing on starting him on it very soon.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
The 15th of every month, all five get their dose according to their weight. Heart-guard , from April through October.

I hope this survey helps, here in PA we have lots of ticks and skeeters. we also have westnile disease from the skeeters. Lyme from the ticks

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
We live in Houston, so its a must! When the rescue first found Jackson he was light heartworm positive, so since then he's been on hearguard and we continue to give it to him monthly. I know it happened to him once and I won't let it happen again!

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Samson was on Sentinel during the spring and summer, but it's not being manufactured anymore so we had to switch to Heartguard and a separate flea preventative.

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
In Florida it's a 12 month must. I use Trifexis... love it! Outdoors is full of fleas and I never find one on Herschel. My mom uses it for her Chihuahua as well and it's great! Protects against fleas, heartworms and intestinal parasites.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
[MENTION=4450]Lily122511[/MENTION] Nope! We have no had any issues with it. Tonka doesn't even notice it--it's simply a little greasy spot between his shoulder blades for a few days. :) He does, however, notice the ointments mommy puts on his face to heal the areas he has itched though...always tries to wipe them off!! ARRRGGH! :)

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
@Lily122511 Nope! We have no had any issues with it. Tonka doesn't even notice it--it's simply a little greasy spot between his shoulder blades for a few days. :) He does, however, notice the ointments mommy puts on his face to heal the areas he has itched though...always tries to wipe them off!! ARRRGGH! :)

Aw Tonka! Thanks for the info. Guess I'll give it a shot. A little nervous though.
How is Tonka doing?
Are you going to do the shots?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sarah had heartworms last year and the treatment is not pleasant m is painful so yes my dogs will always have heart worm meds. She gets liquid ivermectin has no flavoring or anything to be allergic to.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.