Maggie's new food supplement

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The mods, the EBN veterans and friends on facebook already know this ... but for the rest of you here is our news. Maggie was diagnosed with cancer 12 days ago. Chemo was an option but Lymphoma and chemo only give us an extra few months with her. During those months she would be uncomfortable and possibly in pain. So we opted for option 2 which is prednisone. We may have out sweet girl anywhere from 2 - 6 months more.

I know we can't cure this, but I have researched all the foods that help to fight the growth of cancer cells and also help to boost the immune system. Anything that will keep our baby with us just a little longer ... even if that is only a few more days.

The bonus is that this little food supplement that we have been adding to her kibble is in fact Bulldog CRACK ..... :yes: If I could turn back time then I would have been feeding this to her with her Fromm a long time ago.

These are the ingredients:-

Kidney beans - high protein to slow down the growth of cancer cells
Raw spinach and shredded Carrot - boost the immune system and to slow tumour growth
Salmon and organic flaxseed oil - both restrict the production of inflammatory compounds that can aid the growth of cancer cells.

Her treats now are all frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower which all detoxify and can block tumour growth.

And as promised to @cali-jenn ... here is proof that not only is it healthy but it is also highly addictive!!!

http://youtu.be/XJOUHXAL5vg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yes , I have read that before, those are the things that I'll be feeding my pack in my home made recipe . Our transition diet starts Thursday. In my head, you are making the right decision. Good Mama :yes:

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
Sorry to hear your bully is ill, but atleast you know to enjoy every minute!! What a lucky dog you have to have parents that love her so much

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like a good diet, and hope it buys her some time. I just loved the video of sweet Maggie, she sure liked that food.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Her treats now are all frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower which all detoxify and can block tumour growth.

First let me say, I am so sorry for that diagnosis :(

I've been singing the praises of vegetables for months! Can I offer a suggestion or 2?

To get the most from her veggies, you might want to steam them before freezing. Boiling them pulls the vitamins and healing properties out of them but steaming them breaks down the cellulose layer thus making it more digestible/beneficial. Eating them raw they still have that layer and a dogs stomach's isn't equipped to break it down. All the goodness you worked so hard to get into them will come out the other end still in tact.

Think about adding fresh parsley, mint and/or dill to her diet. All of these have phenomenal cancer fighting properties.

I have spent literally every spare minute of the past 4 months buried in books, blogs and articles about natural cures, foods & supplements for canine diseases. Not to mention the advice given to me by the army of doctors & nutritionists whose kids I'm sending to college. If there is anything that I can do please let me know.

I'll be praying for her :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Karen, I so love this video!!! She is so beautiful and obviously happy. To see her being so well taken care of truly brings a smile to my face. You r doing for her what most never think to do. That is dedication. ;) Hugs!!! We all love you and Maggie so much.

On a side not I wish you could have talked more (although I think Maggie was saying "mum, shut up and let me eat my crack") your accent is beautiful. I know you are from across the pond but forget mostly. Lol love it and love you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Such a great looking girl, life is not fair.

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

Only one criticism Karen, the video was too short!

I love sweet Maggie and I am so proud of you for fighting for more time :hug:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
OMG her face is so darn adorable. I just giggled at the first sight of her and her tongue sticking out. She is such a sweet heart and has the best mom ever.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
:heart: Maggie! Loved that she tried to eat her food even when it was pretty much out of her reach!

That diet sounds wonderful! Full of healthy things to keep Maggie as happy and healthy as long as possible. I know cruciferious veggies are well-known for their cancer-fighting properties. We had a lab on campus working on broccoli sprouts and their ability to slow cancerous growths.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
What a beautiful girl! It looks like she is enjoying every minute of eating that crack.
I am so sorry that she is sick.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I too love your accent and thought the video was too short. I giggled too when Maggie was shown waiting...tongue hanging...for her crack. Love love love sweet Maggie. You are doing the best thing for her by loving her with all you have. This is something NO ONE wants to face, but we all will have too. The only thing we can do for each other is try and be a rock. But, those of us who have come to love you..we are suffering from this news also. Maggie Meatball is loved by many. So are you.
She is precious.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I'm heartsick for this diagnosis, but I know from personal experience that the right kinds of food is the fuel the body needs to repair itself ... And it sounds like you've found a winning combination....the video is so cute and I look forward to seeing more... Positive thoughts for your family....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online