Blue Cloudy Eye

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre's eye has started to get a blue cloudy area in it since yesterday evening. I called my vet's office and left a message with the vet tech. She said it could be cataracts and there is usually some vision loss associated with that. It doesn't seem to bother her right now.

Has anyone had a bully with cataracts? It is something that can be corrected with surgery or do we help her adapt to this?

A photo of her eye today...
004-5.jpg

A photo of the same eye a week ago when I asked a question about the whites of eyes
002-3.jpg

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I'm not an expert on bully eyes but..when the rottie I had got cataracts, it was a whiteness all around the cornea. I would like to hear what your vet has to say, as well as others on here.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Probably a cataract, I've had dogs with cataracts before but they usually develop slowly and not overnight like Bre but they never had any significant problems. Keep us posted :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] did the vet call you back? Is it the start of a cataract?

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He never did call back today (which is unusual). I will probably just make her an appointment so he can have a look in person.

L

Lucy-licious

Could it be an ulcer? Are her eyelashes rubbing the cornea? Whatever it is I hope it's easy remedied x

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Lilly has a bluish tint in her right eye. The vet told me it was just a calcium deposit. Let us know what your vet says.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.