Katara limping

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
My Katara has been limping for a few days. It's more noticeable after she wakes up. I thought it was a pulled muscle but it seems to be getting worse and to me it looks like more than decrease in movement it is a weakness to her right hind leg. This would point to a neurological issue and I'm pretty concerned about it. I do remember when she got aick at 5 months old she collapsed once completely lost control of her hind legs. It turned out she had aspirated so the loss of control really had nothing to do with her sickness at that time. I am now wondering if there has been damage since then that showed because of the stress at that time. After that incident until just a few days back she has had full control of her limbs so I don't know. She's going to see her vet in the morning; I am really hoping it's something fixable and not degenerative. Have any of you heard anything like this? I'm going to try to film her later so you can see how she runs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl.... I hate when things like this are going on -- poor babies can't tell us anything. It could be a number of things... but do her back paws curl under when this happens or does it seem like she is just losing her balance?

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
What do you mean curl under? It's almost like it doesn't have a bone.. Like the left leg has better support and the right is made of rag. She does support her weight on the paw but she limps.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
you should have her looked at by the vet. It can be anything like a broken bone, ligament strain or ACL tear or just a sprain. Has she been in rough play with your daughters or Aldo? or jumping off something?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh jeez! Our poor Bully's are certainly having some rough spots lately. I think Christine means ..Do her paws turn under at all? We had a Rottie with lots of spinal and nerve issues...her paws would turn under and in ...I'll be :pray: for Sweet Katara and you too Ana.... :hug:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh Katara! I hope its nothing and just sore! I dont have much experience with this...Brutus limped for almost a week when he sprained his front paw due to playing to rough with my nephew! Ill be praying for Katara big :hug: to you both

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhh jeez! Our poor Bully's are certainly having some rough spots lately. I think Christine means ..Do her paws turn under at all? We had a Rottie with lots of spinal and nerve issues...her paws would turn under and in ...I'll be :pray: for Sweet Katara and you too Ana.... :hug:
no becky I have not seen her do this; hopefully this is good news!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
you should have her looked at by the vet. It can be anything like a broken bone, ligament strain or ACL tear or just a sprain. Has she been in rough play with your daughters or Aldo? or jumping off something?

She does jump off the bed I wonder if she injured it?
Oh Katara! I hope its nothing and just sore! I dont have much experience with this...Brutus limped for almost a week when he sprained his front paw due to playing to rough with my nephew! Ill be praying for Katara big :hug: to you both
i hope so too Roe! Thank you! :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Katara, hope it's nothing. Hang in there.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hoping everything's OK with Katara!

Bea had a limp, then was favoring at left back leg for a long time due to a National Hockey League style hip check from Bo, out in the yard. It took some time but now it's fine. I agree with [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION]. Could be a lot of things; most of which are easily treated. Don't go to "neurological" just yet...there's so many things to rule out first!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would watch her and see if it clears up if not go to the vet and get it checked. could be nothing could be like mentioned above a tear or something. ill be praying for her to be ok

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my, these leg issues are a mess here lately. I would have an xray done. Hopefully it is a sprain or something small. I agree, dont go neurological yet, let the drs rule out everything and go from there. I am sorry, you have enough on your plate already. :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.