Should I be concerned???

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs has been throwing up quite a bit lately. In the last couple of weeks he has thrown up 3-4 times. He is eating and drinking fine and is acting like himself, but he randomly throws up. He did it again this morning. Each time it is the same.....sorry for the graphics.....brownish-green liquid with a couple of pieces of food in it. It is usually at times where he has digested all of his food. I don't know why he is doing this. He hasn't gotten into anything, that I know of. Should I be concerned with this??????

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
If he is eating kibble (which I assume is brown) and you are seeing pieces of kibble in the food in the vomit, then he hasn't digested the food all the way when he is vomiting. I'm sorry but I'm not much help in guessing what is causing this, but I wanted you to know the food hasn't been all the way digested. That is important info to tell the vet if you wind up taking him in. If he had no food in his stomach when he was vomiting, then the "vomit" (it isn't really vomit if there is no food in it) would be just mucus and range in color from clear to yellow. I hope you are able to get to th bottom of this and get tubs feeling better soon!

Has his food been changed recently? Also, is he taking a pro-biotic? If not, that might help to straighten his system out. I use a powdered probiotic for Audrey called "Geneflora" it also has digestive enzymes in it to help break down her food when she eats. There are mNy good brands out there to try, doesn't have to be Geneflora. If he is alreDy on a probitoic, I would double his dose for the next 2 weeks and see if that helps. If you just start a probiotic, do the same thing and double the dose for the first 2 weeks of giving it. Hope this helps!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think a vet visit may be in order because there are so many possibilities; stomach bug, worm of some sort, virus, who knows what. I'd take a flesh poo sample along for them to check. Many things we can diagnose here but some just may need more testing.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I think a vet visit may be in order because there are so many possibilities; stomach bug, worm of some sort, virus, who knows what. I'd take a flesh poo sample along for them to check. Many things we can diagnose here but some just may need more testing.

I too agree! Things like this call for a vet to look at! It could be a number of things going on! I hope its nothing :) Keep us posted

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
is there a chance he could have eaten something he shouldnt have? Not being bile it is less concerning I would think but when Mugsy ate a piece of corn cobb he kept randomly throwing up bile until it finally came up. If you have changed foods at all it could acid reflux maybe?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Tubs has been throwing up quite a bit lately. In the last couple of weeks he has thrown up 3-4 times. He is eating and drinking fine and is acting like himself, but he randomly throws up. He did it again this morning. Each time it is the same.....sorry for the graphics.....brownish-green liquid with a couple of pieces of food in it. It is usually at times where he has digested all of his food. I don't know why he is doing this. He hasn't gotten into anything, that I know of. Should I be concerned with this??????
sound silly but sometimes dogs get hunger pukes they know when its feeding time and automatically the system goes into hunger ,hence the puking,try feeding at different times ,say an hour earlier ,and try smaller portions at different times,worth a try ,karen

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thank you everyone for the information! There have been no food changes recently. @Audrey_Helpbull he is on Blue chicken and brown rice. He has been on this since October and has been fine! I did notice, just now, that his gums look a little white. They aren't as pink as I think they should be. I will try to get a picture up! If he throws up again and his gums still look white, I will give the vet a call.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Here is a picture of Tubs' gums. To me they look a little white!

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 112

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you everyone for the information! There have been no food changes recently. @Audrey_Helpbull he is on Blue chicken and brown rice. He has been on this since October and has been fine! I did notice, just now, that his gums look a little white. They aren't as pink as I think they should be. I will try to get a picture up! If he throws up again and his gums still look white, I will give the vet a call.

Wasn't Blue food recalled recently? [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]
His gums do look white... are they dry or tacky?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.