Coco is at the vets ?!!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Hi guys !!

Just to let you know. Coco has a lung infection and a very small windpipe!!
They have given us some antibiotics and tablets to open her air way a little. He says that her nostrils are quite big big a bully and that's good. But we will jut have to see. :(. Poor coco.
When we went to pick her us the vet said she had slept most the day :).

Il see how I go with these and we're die back in a week. Thanks for all ur thoughts and comments means a lot. Jemma and coco x x

From what I know, there are 4 points of possible airway obstruction in a bulldog: 1) pinched nostrils 2) elongated soft palate 3) laryngeal saccules 4) small trachea. Watson had to have the elongated soft palate surgery and the laryngeal saccules removed when he was 6 months. The first three can be surgically corrected but the small trachea is something Coco has to live with. It may limit her breathing when she over exerts herself.

Also you should avoid using a collar on a leash and use a harness instead

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi guys !! Just to let you know. Coco has a lung infection and a very small windpipe!!
They have given us some antibiotics and tablets to open her air way a little. He says that her nostrils are quite big big a bully and that's good. But we will jut have to see. :(. Poor coco.
When we went to pick her us the vet said she had slept most the day :).

Il see how I go with these and we're die back in a week. Thanks for all ur thoughts and comments means a lot. Jemma and coco x x

From what I know, there are 4 points of possible airway obstruction in a bulldog: 1) pinched nostrils 2) elongated soft palate 3) laryngeal saccules 4) small trachea. Watson had to have the elongated soft palate surgery and the laryngeal saccules removed when he was 6 months. The first three can be surgically corrected but the small trachea is something Coco has to live with. It may limit her breathing when she over exerts herself. Also you should avoid using a collar on a leash and use a harness instead

[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] is totally correct.... and my boy Nitscke had to have all three procedures done - he also had the small trachea, which caused issues when wearing a collar. He went naked most of the time, but since he was well trained he could walk without lead on short walks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online