And.......Another Vet Visit for Audrey. FML.

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
So Audrey had yet another issue pop up and had to go to the vet tonight. Thursday her right eye looked really red and she was holding it shut. Then green discharge started coming out of it. :'(. So off to the vet we went. She has bi-lateral Entropion so she ALWAYS has discharge coming from her eyes and they are always a little red, but she never holds it shut or has green stuff coming out of it. Her left eye already has scarring on her cornea so she has limited vision in her eye. When her right eye (her "good" eye) began having trouble I was terrified at the possibility of her getting more scarring on THAT eye and then going blind. She is only 15 months and has numerous issues. I would be devastated if she lost her sight. :(

It was just the early stages of an ulcer (caused by her eyelashes rubbing on her eye due to the entropion). We caught it early and the visit was cheap at $95 total. She has some eye ointment to put in her eye 4 times daily for a week. Then we will need to put a special gel in her eyes daily until her entropion repair and spay this fall/winter to help prevent more ulcers from forming. We have to wait for her mange to be resolved and her skin infection to be gone (several months) before she can have surgery. But we can't put her back onto her meds to treat her mange and skin infection until her diarrhea stops. Her stools are still soft, but they are formed and far from the squirting diarrhea she had for the last 2 weeks. Hoping that by Friday she can go back on her antibiotics, and then her other meds little by little.

We got a quote for her spay, microchip, and bi-lateral (affecting both eyes) entropion repair. It will be $900. Expen$ive, but still less then I thought it would be.

Thanks for always caring about Audrey's progress!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
poor girl...if it is not one thing than it is another. She needs some lady luck on her side. hope her eye gets better pretty quickly

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Since she's only 15 months old you both have time to conquer these medical issues together. Your bond will become stronger as a result. Keep up the good fight...she's worth it.:luv:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw poor girl. it seems like alot now but once you get a handle on it and get her better she will be like a new dog. it takes time to repair what has been done. bless you for helping her.

L

Lucy-licious

Aww Sweet baby...so many issues. I totally agree with [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION], you bnd will be stronger when its all over :hug: :hug:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I know how exhausting it is to have one issue pop up after another. But the reward is SO worth it! She is so lucky to have you :hug2:

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Thanks everyone! We love her and we are 100% committed to her. I just want her to get better soon and it is so heartbreaking to watch your dog fall apart at the seems. It's like as soon as we get ne thing under control, up pops something else. :( I know as soon as she gets back to 100% normal stools and back n her antibiotics and mange medicine that she will thrive and get better. I can't wait to get rid of this damn mange! Once that is gone, it opens the door for us to take care of so many of her other issues (like her spay, eyes, and hip surgeries). Thanks so much for your amazing support, everyone. It is so nice to be able to vent to other bully owners. We are so happy we found this forum!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
stay strong! sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor girl, I never thought I would say these words... But I am praying for some nice poo so she can get started on everything else. :pray: look at her sweet face- so worth it indeed!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online