Oliver's TTA Surgery

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
We just got home from Oliver's 6 week check up. He did NOT have to be sedated and X-rays weren't necessary! They were able to feel his knee and he has now been given the OK to be off leash! Yayay! He can resume normal activities in a few weeks! We are thrilled. Thank you for all of your support over the past 6 weeks. It is so very appreciated!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
YAY!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome, congrats to both of you. Gawd I hope they say the same for us, I am anxious. Cutty is insane and hard to keep "mellow". I am terrified he has or will hurt his knee. ugh.... 2 more weeks to go!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
We just got home from Oliver's 6 week check up. He did NOT have to be sedated and X-rays weren't necessary! They were able to feel his knee and he has now been given the OK to be off leash! Yayay! He can resume normal activities in a few weeks! We are thrilled. Thank you for all of your support over the past 6 weeks. It is so very appreciated!

Yayyyyy to my buddy!!! And yay to Mommy (and Daddy) for surviving all these weeks!!! We miss you tremendously too! Maybe a walk or meet at the park Thursday at 8ish? If it's not too hot?

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Yayyyyy to my buddy!!! And yay to Mommy (and Daddy) for surviving all these weeks!!! We miss you tremendously too! Maybe a walk or meet at the park Thursday at 8ish? If it's not too hot?
I'm just seeing this now! I'm sorry!!! I was even out walking/jogging (wogging? jalking?) around 7:30am and you were on my mind. I hope you guys are doing well. Oliver is a big pile of grumpiness these past few days. I think it's the heat. He also just stepped in his own poop so he wasn't thrilled about a bath. Ha! Miss yoU!!!!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I'm just seeing this now! I'm sorry!!! I was even out walking/jogging (wogging? jalking?) around 7:30am and you were on my mind. I hope you guys are doing well. Oliver is a big pile of grumpiness these past few days. I think it's the heat. He also just stepped in his own poop so he wasn't thrilled about a bath. Ha! Miss yoU!!!!!

It's ok! We ended up having a wicked night and I was sooo tired. Turns out Clayton was teething! Duh! He has two bottom teeth now! I will text you soon so we can walk! We are up and out by 7:10am every day now ... back home before work on Wednesday and Thursday though so those days are still good!

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - I can't remember if you've already posted (I may have even commented. I swear, I'm getting senile!) - has Cutty gone for his 6 week check up? I know you were two weeks behind us and Oliver just passed 8 weeks. Sorry if you've already posted elsewhere and even more sorry if I've already commented. Hahaha!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - I can't remember if you've already posted (I may have even commented. I swear, I'm getting senile!) - has Cutty gone for his 6 week check up? I know you were two weeks behind us and Oliver just passed 8 weeks. Sorry if you've already posted elsewhere and even more sorry if I've already commented. Hahaha!

I did post and you may have commented, I too am suffering from the same condition as you. :lol: He went last friday and r says the bump is a reaction to the sutures he thinks. :phew: Can you say reliefe?!!? Said his knee was fine and if I have any concerns the surgeon will be in there the 30th and bring him in to be looked at. I asked if that bump was a reason and he said no. ;) YAY! Now Cutty is enjoying his freedom. Mostly full freedom since I am at home with him all day and can supervise. He does get locked down when we leave to be sure he and Miila dont have a party which is what he really wants. How is Oliver doing?!?! 8 weeks?!! My gosh 4 more and he will be really partying! SO cant wait till we hit that 12 week mark and all is good.

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
I did post and you may have commented, I too am suffering from the same condition as you. :lol: He went last friday and r says the bump is a reaction to the sutures he thinks. :phew: Can you say reliefe?!!? Said his knee was fine and if I have any concerns the surgeon will be in there the 30th and bring him in to be looked at. I asked if that bump was a reason and he said no. ;) YAY! Now Cutty is enjoying his freedom. Mostly full freedom since I am at home with him all day and can supervise. He does get locked down when we leave to be sure he and Miila dont have a party which is what he really wants. How is Oliver doing?!?! 8 weeks?!! My gosh 4 more and he will be really partying! SO cant wait till we hit that 12 week mark and all is good.
Haha, at least I'm not the only senile one! And now I DO remember you posting he was okay and I remember commenting! Oliver still seems to not be 100% when he's been lying down for a long time - he seems a little stiff when he first gets up but then he walks it off. I'm glad we were able to "team up" through these surgeries and compare notes along the way. Give Cutty a BIG hug from Oliver. :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Haha, at least I'm not the only senile one! And now I DO remember you posting he was okay and I remember commenting! Oliver still seems to not be 100% when he's been lying down for a long time - he seems a little stiff when he first gets up but then he walks it off. I'm glad we were able to "team up" through these surgeries and compare notes along the way. Give Cutty a BIG hug from Oliver. :)

YES, me too! Makes me feel better to kinda know what to expect thru Oliver. Cutty seems stiff as well and being that he did have arthritis added with being 6 1/2 I expect it some. BUT he acts dang near 95% now I think. His tell for me is he lifts his leg when standing and eating, used to be all the time but now he rarely does so that is awesome. Only every once in a while I catch it now so I think soon he will stop completely finally.

Members online

No members online now.