Oliver's TTA Surgery

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Well, tomorrow is the big day... Oliver's TTA surgery. I'm a little anxious but I really feel that he is in great hands being operated on by one of the best surgeons (and founder of the hospital) in NJ. I know [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] might be going through something similar soon so I figured I'd create this thread and give a play-by-play on the surgery and recovery. We're as prepared as we can be at this point. Here's a picture of Oliver enjoying this GORGEOUS Sunday afternoon on his canopy bed in the backyard - his last day of total freedom for a while. Wish us luck!

oliver-day-before-surgery.jpg

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
good luck Oliver!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Good Luck Oliver :pray:

I live in Jersey too :) What hospital do you use?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Prayers and paws crossed for Oliver. Thank you for guiding us through your experience... I am sure it will help others in the future!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Little does he know..... Thanks for making this thread, will make it easy for me to keep up on how he does. Hugs, I can imagine how freaked you feel. Always so scary when they do any kind of surgery even tho I know this is a pretty common one but still.... :hug:

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] We are using Dr. Scavelli at Garden State. We were given a list of surgeons by our vet so I simply asked her, "Who would YOU take YOUR dog to?" Without hesitation, she recommended Dr. Scavelli. Since then, we've heard nothing but great things about him and liked him instantly when we met with him.

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] I am very freaked out! Between our first bulldog, Winnie, and now Oliver - we have only ever been through one spaying and one neutering - no other surgeries until now. Not knowing what to expect when he comes home is what is the scariest part. But, I have been reading lots of personal experiences with TTA recovery and they all give me hope. I know it will be a long recovery and we're okay with that. We just want it to be as pain-free as possible for Oliver. If Cutty does need surgery, let me know! I have a bunch of great sites bookmarked about surgery and recovery. They're comforting, that's for sure!

And I have to say, everyone here has such gorgeous bulldogs! I can get lost looking at them all. I am so happy to be here. :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
@ChanelnBrutus We are using Dr. Scavelli at Garden State. We were given a list of surgeons by our vet so I simply asked her, "Who would YOU take YOUR dog to?" Without hesitation, she recommended Dr. Scavelli. Since then, we've heard nothing but great things about him and liked him instantly when we met with him.

@cali~jenn I am very freaked out! Between our first bulldog, Winnie, and now Oliver - we have only ever been through one spaying and one neutering - no other surgeries until now. Not knowing what to expect when he comes home is what is the scariest part. But, I have been reading lots of personal experiences with TTA recovery and they all give me hope. I know it will be a long recovery and we're okay with that. We just want it to be as pain-free as possible for Oliver. If Cutty does need surgery, let me know! I have a bunch of great sites bookmarked about surgery and recovery. They're comforting, that's for sure!

And I have to say, everyone here has such gorgeous bulldogs! I can get lost looking at them all. I am so happy to be here. :)

I totally agree! They are great! We have been using Garden State Hospital for many years...They did Brutus's surgery when he had a prolapsed urethra! You are in great hands!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recover for Oliver!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Kisses to my little buddy! We will stop by with his "get well gift" soon. :). And hugs to you, Sherri! My phone is on and I'm home all day tomorrow if you need anything at all. Even just a distraction! I know he will do great. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] - Each time I tell someone were using Garden State, I get positive responses! That is SO reassuring to us!
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] - You're so sweet, Turi. I'll text you when we hear back today after his surgery. We miss you guys! Hugs to everyone and special kisses to my Chunk and Baby C!

Thanks everyone. We're leaving in about 25 minutes. Oliver is still asleep which is weird. He is always up at 6am. He isn't allowed to eat so his personal alarm clock (the sound of his food hitting the bowl) hasn't woken him up yet. Ha! Everyone here is so kind and we appreciate it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online