Still Has Diarrhea Please Help

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Update. 2nd day on boiled rice and chicken with veggies and he absolutely loves it! He's more playful now and even wants to run when we go outside, lol. So funny. Well he finally pooped and it was firm! Yay!! Thinking maybe his body is absorbing this food better. Anyway, When I cut back his food he seemed a little thin to me. I'm starting to think that maybe he just doesn't do well on the BB. Definitely switching food. Does Fromm get the most votes ??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

If Bentley can tolerate the Fromm 4 Star its a really good food! One of the best in my opinion...If he cant tolerate one of the foods you can easily tranisition through the flavors without slow switching. Hope all gets better

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oooh boy you have had your hands full here. Poor baby. Orijen is known to be a good food but I have no experience with it myself. Have tried many diff foods and so far Fromm is the best for my pups. I know many pups eat it very young and r ok but can't remember the details on how much or which one. If you decide to switch again I would go with that one. Good luck! Glad that he is doing better!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
TitoGunz

TitoGunz

Apr 3, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Ok guys. Went to the vet and Bentley was in good overall health. But he lost almost 3 lbs because of the diarreah. Recieved shots again as well... As far as his stool, the vet said that not all dogs, especially those with sensitive stomachs like bullies, do well on those high quality foods. They may be too rich. Suggested I go back to what he was on when I got him which was Royal Canin... I know, I know but at this point Im willing to try to get him back to normal, Then try something else again. So rice and RC until I get him on the RC and see what happens...:begging: Thanks for all the input.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well...like most vets..they just have what sales reps tell them to rely upon for food info. I have always believed..you do what your bully needs..if its Royal Canin..then so be it. But I don't believe for a second the story your vet gave you about sensitive tummy's and high quality foods. I also have to tell you...my vet never would've given vaccines with any digestive problems going on! That's the first thing they ask before vaccines..."any diaherria or throwing up?".. I'm sure not blaming you..just thinking maybe..just maybe a second opinion might be in order?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree you should try that and see if it helps. I also agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] about the vaccine too, since they put the immune system low now was not an ideal time to give those!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yea i was wondering about getting shots to now. i thought shots sometimes could cause diarrhea. yes if rc makes him better for now then do it. you can always make a switch later on down the road when hes better and doing good if you choose. keep us posted.

OP
TitoGunz

TitoGunz

Apr 3, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Thats why I joined such a great forum! Great advise from people who care...! He received his Leptospirosis Vaccine and the vet said that it may make him lethargic or sore but nothing about diarrhea or soft stool. I have already started the RC with just rice and yogurt to see if in fact it is the food. I also have one more visit with this vet. If the symptoms persist and he has no different solution or takes no acton, then I will raise hell (sorry):cursing:! Then take Bentley for a second opinion that very day. Question for everyone...i will also give him the pumkin. How long do I continue to put it in his food???

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
go easy on the yogurt, it can make them a little loose too if it's too much. I'd give Bentley Pumpkin until his poops is log like. Just one tablespoon full is all you need. Cause this stuff is fiber, and if you're blocked up, it can make you move. Ah yes, natures health food.

OP
TitoGunz

TitoGunz

Apr 3, 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I give him a table spoon in every feeding. Should I stop all together until he is better? And I also plan on transsitioning him over to RC over a 10 day period. Is that about right?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I give him a table spoon in every feeding. Should I stop all together until he is better? And I also plan on transsitioning him over to RC over a 10 day period. Is that about right?

If it were me, I would back the pumpkin down to 1 tbls a day. same with the yogurt. The rice is a great stool stiffener too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online