Update on Brutus

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
My post somehow didnt post! :bang: Yes I was happy too! But I still want to know why this happend??? Said we may never know! As the case with Vegas! He said since it happened after surgery it could be a cause...Dogs have diff reactions to anesthesia but he couldnt be sure! The shadow thing is on my nerve and I feel bad for him! He doesnt get it and I feel like he is torturing himself! I moved the furniture so he cnnot get to the corner anymore! Let me know what your vet thinks about that! I have tried to do some research but it doesnt say anything about long term effects...Dogs have had seixures after surgery but didnt continue forver???

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
@Poppy recommended the thunder vest for Aldo because he is hypervigilant I was reading reviews in amazon and somebody mentioned his dog wouldfreak out with shadows and storms and the vest had helped. I wonder if Brutus has the same issue and it's just anxiety maybe that vest will help.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
@Poppy recommended the thunder vest for Aldo because he is hypervigilant I was reading reviews in amazon and somebody mentioned his dog wouldfreak out with shadows and storms and the vest had helped. I wonder if Brutus has the same issue and it's just anxiety maybe that vest will help.

Thanks Ana! I just looked at it on Amazon and it has great reviews! This could be something that we could try! He only really does it at night time if friends are over (which is always) and they sit on the couch! (one particulr area) [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] mentioned OCD and I strted researching and found alot of articles about shadow chasing. We are going to our regular vet in 2 weeks for his 1 year and we will speak to them about what we can do! I dont want to give him meds b/c I feel its something we can fix together by me working with him!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
good news it wasn't seizures. Hope he can let go to the shadow obsession soon

Thanks Vinh! It is but I really would like to know what causes this! They dont have many answers at this point! Thnaks for being there!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
At this very moment, Orion went from running (speed racer) up and down the stairs, all around the house, up the couch....down the couch, off the couch...to under the cushions!!!!!!!!!!! .

This is what we refer to as 'Zoomies' :) out of the blue, Gizmo just kicks in the afterburners and runs crazy for about 3 minutes - then pants and then crashes :)

It usually happens immediately after she.. ah... 'Downloads' in the yard - she tears through the house, I guess saying 'Whew ! I just dropped 20lbs and now I'm LIGHT and can RUNNNNNN ! ! !' hee hee

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe he's seeing ghosts? :tongue:

I've heard great things about that thunder shirt.

I hope not :eek: I am going to give it a shot for night time when he starts with it!

This is what we refer to as 'Zoomies' :) out of the blue, Gizmo just kicks in the afterburners and runs crazy for about 3 minutes - then pants and then crashes :)

It usually happens immediately after she.. ah... 'Downloads' in the yard - she tears through the house, I guess saying 'Whew ! I just dropped 20lbs and now I'm LIGHT and can RUNNNNNN ! ! !' hee hee

:ROFL:

Members online

No members online now.