Skin Irritation from Razor

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel was neutered yesterday and of course they had to shave some spots... his legs (ankles/wrists?? lol) and of course his little man bits. All of those places are bright red and itchy (I can relate to this :laugh:). Anything I can do to ease this? The incision looks great. No swelling or redness there... just the razor "burn".

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmmm that is a tough one... Maybe some diaper rash ointment would help? Likely it is irritated from the hair trying to regrow. So they actually used a razor and not an electric shaver?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
On second thought maybe not because you don't want to put that near the incision, maybe neosporin or bacitracin would be better??

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That's what I would do; neosporin. I also keep a 2% hydro-cortisone cream on hand for that spot right under neath Bo's tail. The one I have now has aloe in it. Get's dry and itchy. He loves to get the cream treatment. That stuff would sooth irritation too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's what I would do; neosporin. I also keep a 2% hydro-cortisone cream on hand for that spot right under neath Bo's tail. The one I have now has aloe in it. Get's dry and itchy. He loves to get the cream treatment. That stuff would sooth irritation too.

Agreed.... I had to do this for Nitschke when he had the stem cell procedure.... his belly looked like diaper rash and the neo cleared it up in no time

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.