Herschel is home from being neutered.

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Got a call in the middle of the day today and they told me he came through the surgery fine and handled the anesthesia well. I came to pick him up at about 430 and they took a while and came out and told me that his temp spiked to 105 and he was having some breathing issues. Luckily they had a young vet assigned to just him all day and he was checking him constantly while the senior vet was there and busy with others. They got him on more fluids and some oxygen. Temp came down and when they brought him out he was his normal self. Going to watch him close tonight but he is about as sleepy and dopey as I was a few weeks ago when I had my gall bladder out.

Any suggestions from you bully veterans on what to look or watch for? The young vet gave me his cell number and will meet me anytime day or night if something arises.
4af82c94-e1f1-03c4.jpg

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww! Poor baby...look at his poor self! I would watch him like a hawk. Just for coughing..temp...breathing..:eek: guess you will be up all night! Let's see if [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has any ideas for you! I'm glad he is home...:hug:

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
His gums are nice and healthy pink... temp normal and his breathing seems like normal Herschel snores. He has eaten and has water. Follows me to the kitchen like normal but boy is he tired.
Scared me when he was eating and he started biting into the air. I have read about that on here... then he looked at me and he had food stuck to his nose and was just trying to get it off... crosseyed looking at it and everything lol.

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel just had another dab of food and asked to go out. Did all his business and seemed absolutely normal. He is back resting but then again, he is a pro at resting even without surgery. :D

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Relieved to hear he is coming out of it. :whew: I'd still keep him close by. Eating and pooping is a good sign!

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
He is sleeping on the floor next to me while I'm on the couch. I am not stepping too far away except when I have to do my own business :p

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Glad to hear everything's going ok. And it seems you have the watching him like a hawk thing down pat. You're a wonderful momma :hugs:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
awe... sounds like he is doing well now, thankfully. So scary when they have surgery. Love the tongue pic. ;) hugs!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So good to hear he is doing better. Usko was really spaced out and sleepy for two days after his surgery. Sounds like Herschel is too, that he is drinking and eating is a good sign.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy he is home and doing well..... what an absolutely sweet picture of him!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online