Audrey Update

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
A normal bowel movement after 1.5 weeks of noxious diarrhea. Finally! Now we just have to wait 3 days until restarting her meds. Still has the cyst on her foot, but we started her Epsom salt soaks last night, so hoping she gets better soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great news on the :poo: a few soaks and they should start to get smaller

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
FML :( Spoke too soon about the poop. We skipped her Immodium dose this AM since she had a solid BM but now its right back to the runs. *cries* Back on immodium. She has to have solid BMs for 3 days while being OFF the immodium before we can start her back on her meds for her skin infection and mange. Going on 2 weeks of runs now. She had 2 decent poops and got my hopes up and now its right back to runs.

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Wow! It's amazing how important the :poo: becomes in our lives! Good job! I hope she continues her improvement! :bravo:

I have been obsessing over this poor dog's poop for 1.5 weeks now. Whenever she goes for my fiance' and I am not there I give him the 3rd degree on what it looked like, how mushy, what color, etc. lol! Dang dogs! They are worse then kids sometimes! lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
FML :( Spoke too soon about the poop. We skipped her Immodium dose this AM since she had a solid BM but now its right back to the runs. *cries* Back on immodium. She has to have solid BMs for 3 days while being OFF the immodium before we can start her back on her meds for her skin infection and mange. Going on 2 weeks of runs now. She had 2 decent poops and got my hopes up and now its right back to runs.

Im going to tag [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]...maybe she has some ideas for you.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Aww..I've been thinking about you and hoping things had turned around....hang in there you'll get her straightened out.....just a thought my Schultz (as a puppy until he was over a year would have terribly runny poops on every kind of dog food) home cooking straightened his system out.....or it was just easier to digest....he now is on a combination of dehydrated raw/high protein kibble and home cooked meals but it took a long time to get his system ready to tolerate dog food....hope she feels better real soon.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
When you said her poos were "back to normal" were they completely formed? Like Tootsie roll formed? If they were still soft serve, they had not made it back yet. If you have ruled out parasites and no food changes for a long time...I think you should check out her digestive system. Here are some specific questions to ask: Is she food aggressive? Starving all the time? Is she loosing weight? Lethargic? Are her poos yellowish/gray or light in color? If it is yes to any of these, please go to www.epi4dogs.com. Remember they can have all or just a few of these symptoms. PM me if you have any other questions.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but have they done a complete CBC on her?

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Wishing you and Audrey a speedy dose of "good" poops, it's so tough being a Momma....

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
When you said her poos were "back to normal" were they completely formed? Like Tootsie roll formed? If they were still soft serve, they had not made it back yet. If you have ruled out parasites and no food changes for a long time...I think you should check out her digestive system. Here are some specific questions to ask: Is she food aggressive? Starving all the time? Is she loosing weight? Lethargic? Are her poos yellowish/gray or light in color? If it is yes to any of these, please go to www.epi4dogs.com. Remember they can have all or just a few of these symptoms. PM me if you have any other questions.

Her stool was pretty much formed, just a slight layer of "slime" on the outside. Not really slime like mucous, but soft poop coating a solid BM center. She is not food agressive or starving all the time. Her weight is normal and despite her NUMEROUS health issues she is actually very active and playful. Her poop is "normal" in color (as in brown). I have not heard of EPI before, so thank you for letting me know! I don't think that is what she has, though. I really think it might have just been a BAD reaction to the chicken because she was totally fine the first 1.5 weeks that we had her (before starting her on the raw chicken). She did ok on both raw and on kibble until we tried the chicken. As long as she is taking her immodium she is having solid BMs. I am hoping to try weaning her off the immodium after a day or two. She was tested for parasites recently and was negative.

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but have they done a complete CBC on her?

She has not had any bloodwork done at this time. If her stools do not improve soon without being on immodium then we more then likely will have to do some additional diagnostics.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
She has not had any bloodwork done at this time. If her stools do not improve soon without being on immodium then we more then likely will have to do some additional diagnostics.

Have you tried the canned pumpkin (not pie filling)?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Raw Chicken doesn't do well with Bella either. She does much better on Beef. I hope she comes around soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.