Please kelp or am going to murder my vet !!! Ha.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Goodmorning Hun, where do you live? I'm just wondering if your using a regular vet or if you've found one that knows bulldogs? I'm also thinking maybe hayfever, or allergies, in which case antibiotics won't work...and steroids wil only work while she's taking them....what's the pollen count like there at the moment..and most crucially what is she eating..is it coco that's on Eukaneuba? I forget...I know you asked about food choices. xx

Morning hunny. !!

Were in Cumbria near Whitehaven?
Yes we're in a regular vet. A wondered if allergies could be the cause. ??

Yea she's on eukiniabia sorry cant spell it with out looking at the packet ? Don't worry tho am changing the food as iv read bad reviews. What's your wee doggie on ??

How do I find out the pollen count ?

Thanks love. Jemma and coco. X x

:love: you guys speaking "ENGLISH"!!!!!! :up:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes as I read that I heard the accent. Love it. No help but hoping you get this all figured out soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Perhaps a X-ray should be in order.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
When I read what [MENTION=4685]Cocosmammy123[/MENTION] said
I will try that food and she how she goes. :) x

it reminded me of when I first met my step-grandmother (weird calling her grandmother since she's only in her 50s and I'm almost 30 :blink:) she said "watch how you go" and with her "thick" accent I absolutely had no idea what the heck she was saying! After I said 'what' like 3 times, my grandfather yelled "she's saying bye!" That was funny....I miss them... :crying: they're all the way over in England (Kidderminster to be exact) Sorry didn't mean to get off subject :)

L

Lucy-licious

When I read what @Cocosmammy123 said

it reminded me of when I first met my step-grandmother (weird calling her grandmother since she's only in her 50s and I'm almost 30 :blink:) she said "watch how you go" and with her "thick" accent I absolutely had no idea what the heck she was saying! After I said 'what' like 3 times, my grandfather yelled "she's saying bye!" That was funny....I miss them... :crying: they're all the way over in England (Kidderminster to be exact) Sorry didn't mean to get off subject :)

LOL :) If I typed as I talk you would all be sitting there :confused: :confused: My northern English accent is a bit er Twangy t' bi onest :p

L

Lucy-licious

Hoping to see good news soon...take care hun, am off out a while but I'll check when I get back xx

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
:love: you guys speaking "ENGLISH"!!!!!! :up:

:lol:

LMAO :p I didn't realised I'd slipped :D

Gosh, I love the accent. Type away in your "English", I would figure it out some how. :heart:

Hey, does that mean sweet Lucy barks with an accent?? :laugh:

Anyways, [MENTION=4685]Cocosmammy123[/MENTION] I hope your baby feels better soon.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi guys.

The vet is wanting X-rays of cocos throat done.

She thinks in basic terms there is a flap of skin in her throat and it's too big and might need trimmed!!!

I'm so worried.com !!!!!

So hopefully thy will find out what's going on. X x

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Coco chilling with her daddy. !! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337280818.068471.jpg

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Hi guys.

The vet is wanting X-rays of cocos throat done.

She thinks in basic terms there is a flap of skin in her throat and it's too big and might need trimmed!!!

I'm so worried.com !!!!!

So hopefully thy will find out what's going on. X x

Oh Good!! In a weird since of way. Good that she can quit the antibiotics and steroids. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] might be able to give you some insight on that issue.

Coco is so adorable!!! :luv:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Hi there,

first of all try to find a vet who has great experience with bulldogs. What your vet is talking about is Coco's soft palate. Bulldogs have very small tracheas and big wide tongues and a flap of skin a the back of the throat called the soft palate. The link below should help you understand what your vet is talking about.
http://bulldogdomain.com/health/breathing.php

I know all about this first hand as Dublin has had soft palate surgery and a nasal fold surgery. I won't go into details here but the link should help you. My vet "specilaizes" in bulldogs and even he had a difficult time with Dubbie's surgery, but to make matters worse he said that "she has the smallest trachea he has seen in a bulldog in 30 years of practice" Not the news you want to hear.

It was a very tough surgery for her and recovery was very long but I know many bulldogs get this surgery and are fine. I think you should really look into finding a vet who has done soft palate surgery with great success if that is what coco needs.

The surgery ultimately helped Dublin a lot but she probably needs another one but we are not going there unless things get very bad again. The x rays may show that this is not the issue with Coco, but I wanted to share my experience.

Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. I am orginally from Dublin Ireland.

Most Reactions