Please kelp or am going to murder my vet !!! Ha.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hello every1.

I have a 14 week old bully and she from about 8-9 weeks has had this ruttly cough. It sounds like us humans when we have cold !! Some days she will have it others she won't !!

She doesn't pant or get it when she's running or playing so I no its not Asthma or out.

We have taken her to the vet on two separate occasions. We got cough medicine and antionflamatreys and antibiotics and we told it should clear in a week or so !!

It did for about 3-5 days. So we took her back and got more steroids and antibiotics and antionflamatreys!!!

She has now finished them and we have left it a week or so but she's no better !! She sounds like she has mucus in her throat. :(. Poor. Coco!!

She is fine in every otherway she's eating drinking playing sleeping !! And chasing birds :).

Please if any one can help or advise it would be great. Sorry rant over :). ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337240065.695274.jpg

L

Lucy-licious

Goodmorning Hun, where do you live? I'm just wondering if your using a regular vet or if you've found one that knows bulldogs? I'm also thinking maybe hayfever, or allergies, in which case antibiotics won't work...and steroids wil only work while she's taking them....what's the pollen count like there at the moment..and most crucially what is she eating..is it coco that's on Eukaneuba? I forget...I know you asked about food choices. xx

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Morning hunny. !!

Were in Cumbria near Whitehaven?
Yes we're in a regular vet. A wondered if allergies could be the cause. ??

Yea she's on eukiniabia sorry cant spell it with out looking at the packet ? Don't worry tho am changing the food as iv read bad reviews. What's your wee doggie on ??

How do I find out the pollen count ?

Thanks love. Jemma and coco. X x

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hello

It says the pollen count is low here today. ? X

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Sometimes those medications take time to work. That being said, if you don't have confidence in your vet --- since you want to kill him/her, I'm guessing you don't care for their advice so much? --- why don't you get a second medical opinion? Other folks will have some good suggestions for you here for sure - but it's awfully hard to diagnose an illness on the internet. I'd wait to switch foods until you have a healthier, more robust dog. Too many changes at once isn't good for a pup.

L

Lucy-licious

I have found 2 approved Bulldog vets in Cumbria...one in Carlisle the other Cleator Moore?? I have no idea if they are close cos I'm stuck here in the Manchester area :D

You can usually find pollen counts on the weather sites.

That she isnt chesty or having trouble when she is playing and running around makes me think more Allergies, but I'm not there and you should always get a vets advise :). I feed Lucy James Wellbeloved and after a few different tries with the flavours we seem to be onto a winner with Lamb and vegetable :D
@karenben is one of our Raw feeders she lives nr Blackpool and has had many problems with her beautiful Annie and Allergies. She will have some great advise for you too. You can give Benadryl to her to relieve symptoms whilst you find a cure....hmmm trying to think who can advise on dosage...er maybe Karen again. If not we can find someone who can help there xx

But I would strongly suggest you find a vet used to dealing with Bullies...regular vets are great for everyday stuff but for anything else you really need someone who knows the breed. Maybe your breeder has someone she can suggest if they are close to you.

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

oops..I didnt post the vet details :lol:

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Galemire Veterinary Hospital Limited [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Mr Ian Hunter. [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Cleator Moor,Cumbria[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] CA25 5QXS. [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]01946 810295

and

[/FONT]Craig Robinson & Partners. Carlisle 01228 521393

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks hun

Yeah the one at cleator moore is the one we go to.
I have just rang the vets cause she is starting to sound like shes choking now :(. My appointment is 5 to 5. So infers crossed.

I will try that food and she how she goes. :) x

L

Lucy-licious

How do I upload videos? Xxx
upload to you tube first then paste the link to the video in the post....if you press the little film strip type icon above where you type you can paste the lnk n there and it will post like a little TV :D

L

Lucy-licious

Thanks hun

Yeah the one at cleator moore is the one we go to.
I have just rang the vets cause she is starting to sound like shes choking now :(. My appointment is 5 to 5. So infers crossed.

I will try that food and she how she goes. :) x

Oh gosh I hope she is ok...if you think its phlegm in her throat try squirting lemon juice in there it breaks up the phlegm so she can breath...if your video is of her breathing take it to show the vet xx

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Please let us know that the vet says this time. We tend to worry a lot here. ;)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Good luck with Coco at the vet, please let us know.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Just a update guys! Coco is really sleepy today:/ and sounds awful !!! as soon I get back al let u all no x x

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Hello every1.

I have a 14 week old bully and she from about 8-9 weeks has had this ruttly cough. It sounds like us humans when we have cold !! Some days she will have it others she won't !!

She doesn't pant or get it when she's running or playing so I no its not Asthma or out.

We have taken her to the vet on two separate occasions. We got cough medicine and antionflamatreys and antibiotics and we told it should clear in a week or so !!

It did for about 3-5 days. So we took her back and got more steroids and antibiotics and antionflamatreys!!!

She has now finished them and we have left it a week or so but she's no better !! She sounds like she has mucus in her throat. :(. Poor. Coco!!

She is fine in every otherway she's eating drinking playing sleeping !! And chasing birds :).

Please if any one can help or advise it would be great. Sorry rant over :). View attachment 21168
dont get anymore antibiotics for your pup ,they will do more damage at this age,squirt some lemon down your pups throat and see if that breaks down the mucus,you could burn some eucalyptus oil in your room also,,the only bulldog vet i know of is in rufford ,also manuka honey is good for the immune system and it may help with the phlem,jw is a good food for kibble ,and if shes doing well on it i would leave her on it,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online