Add on Interdigital Cysts to Audrey's Long List of Issues...

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
I'm so sorry that you both have to go through this. I just have to wonder is kibble really better here? Raw food helps a lot of issues that she has. And you could try giving him vitamin B for the head tremors.

I don't plan on feeding kibble indefinitely. Just for the next month so she can complete her antibiotics dose. It's a high dose which can lead to tummy trouble on its own and simply isn't compatible with the tummy issues she is likely having from her (raw) diet. I am hoping that once her skin infection resolves and we complete a solid month's worth of ivermectin dosing for the mange that she will be better able to handle the switch to raw. Sadly, she can't handle the raw right now as it is giving her terrible diarrhea. And when she has diarrhea she can't take her meds for her skin infection and mange.

Thanks for the tip about the B vitamins, BTW!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Another member went to a holistic vet and gave some sort of grass mixture to boost the immune system, perhaps it would not hurt to try that? I agree to put her on a diet that her tummy is comfortable with until she improves, acana is a good food kibble wise, i do hope she gets better soon, springtime is probably not helping her fight and create antibodies against these issues... Keep us posted :hug:

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I highly recommend a probiotic for her. It will help the diarrhea and the yeast immensely and boost her immune system. I was using an expensive one made by Iams and just tried a bottle of one I got at Walmart (I asked at the pharmacy for the one that is refrigerated and they had it) - small bottle, about $12, 50 pills and I have been giving 2 a day in the food since the weekend and am seeing a huge difference in the yeasty spaces between the toes (like, totally gone, fur is back to white!), plus I am using the duoxo wipes and lotrimin powder between the toes too. Culturelle is also recommended as well if you want to try that one. Do a search on probiotics, you will see all the good they can do. Good luck and hope your baby's better soon!

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
I highly recommend a probiotic for her. It will help the diarrhea and the yeast immensely and boost her immune system. I was using an expensive one made by Iams and just tried a bottle of one I got at Walmart (I asked at the pharmacy for the one that is refrigerated and they had it) - small bottle, about $12, 50 pills and I have been giving 2 a day in the food since the weekend and am seeing a huge difference in the yeasty spaces between the toes (like, totally gone, fur is back to white!), plus I am using the duoxo wipes and lotrimin powder between the toes too. Culturelle is also recommended as well if you want to try that one. Do a search on probiotics, you will see all the good they can do. Good luck and hope your baby's better soon!

Thanks so much for the tip about the lotrimin. She is actually already on a probiotic/digestive enzyme. Geneflora made by Cycles of Life.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus

i agree. I give both my dogs Probiotics daily - The one's I use are Vetri Probiotic Chews which they both enjoy. They seem t be the best ones out there for dogs.
And I agree, the benefits are definitely worth the effort.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
i agree. I give both my dogs Probiotics daily - The one's I use are Vetri Probiotic Chews which they both enjoy. They seem t be the best ones out there for dogs.
And I agree, the benefits are definitely worth the effort.

Thanks for the tip. I want to switch when I am done with the ones I got, reading that the refrigerated ones may be worthless on dogs due to their tummy temperature? I will look into this one. I was also looking at PSCPets IntelliFlora too. Audrey, I think I asked this in another post, but have you tried pumpkin?

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Yes we tried pumpkin, rice, and oatmeal as well as plain pasta. None helped :( HEr stools are mushy now (they look formed until you go to pick them up, then thy are squishy). But that is better then the shooting diarrhea we had before. Backing off the immodium again to see what happens.

On a positive note, her cyst is getting smaller! Yay! Thank god SOMETHING is getting better!

Negative side, her 'good eye' (the one without the corneal scarring) looked very red and swollen today. She has entropion, so her eyes are always atleast a little red but her good eye was swollen shut today. FML! It's always something!!! I about had a stroke because I thought she was starting to pop a cherry eye. *cries* but crisis averted (for now). I put some eye gel for dogs in her eye and it looked mmarkedly better in a few hours.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.