Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Add on Interdigital Cysts to Audrey's Long List of Issues...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Add on Interdigital Cysts to Audrey's Long List of Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    If I remember her list of issues.... it seems to all be related to a weak immune system... once you balance that out she will thrive. You a great bully mama and she loves you for it
    Thank you! We are definitely getting a crash course in many bulldog health issues. It is easy to feel like we aren't doing things right for her. she is so sweet an loving despite her numerous health issues.
    Bully Love From,
    Giuli, Matt, Audrey Hepbull, and Copernicus Darwin(Papillon)

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I feel for you too. Just got to get a grip. I go through these things with Mr. Wilson. I have to wash his feet a lot at this time and try not to go crazy with worry. Progress can be slow with bulldogs so it takes extra patience to see it. My bullies get those cysts but if I catch them in time by keeping their paws washed and dried it prevents the cysts from swelling up, they just dry up and go away. My Mr. Wilson has had entropion and cherry eye surgeries in the past so right now I have to clean his eyes from all the eye goopies he gets. He also gets optimmune for one eye and the other eye gets moisturizing eye drops. He suffers from environmental allergies (mainly grass and weeds) so he tends to have a greasy feel to his coat. I have to bathe him thoroughly with a medicated shampoo but he feels and smells great once I'm done. He's had a blood allergy test done and is now on the right food and no longer has bloody scabs and bare spots on his skin. So there is progress for my Wilson but it has been a long tough road getting him there and trying to maintain it to be sure. Just keep on going in the direction you are. Your caring is obvious and I'm sure you will get there in time. We all were beginners in bulldog care once and now we are all here to help each other through it.

Last edited by Fontanafox; 05-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry that you both have to go through this. I just have to wonder is kibble really better here? Raw food helps a lot of issues that she has. And you could try giving him vitamin B for the head tremors.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    I'm so sorry that you both have to go through this. I just have to wonder is kibble really better here? Raw food helps a lot of issues that she has. And you could try giving him vitamin B for the head tremors.
    I don't plan on feeding kibble indefinitely. Just for the next month so she can complete her antibiotics dose. It's a high dose which can lead to tummy trouble on its own and simply isn't compatible with the tummy issues she is likely having from her (raw) diet. I am hoping that once her skin infection resolves and we complete a solid month's worth of ivermectin dosing for the mange that she will be better able to handle the switch to raw. Sadly, she can't handle the raw right now as it is giving her terrible diarrhea. And when she has diarrhea she can't take her meds for her skin infection and mange.

Thanks for the tip about the B vitamins, BTW!
    Bully Love From,

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Sweet Audrey Hepbull.....

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Another member went to a holistic vet and gave some sort of grass mixture to boost the immune system, perhaps it would not hurt to try that? I agree to put her on a diet that her tummy is comfortable with until she improves, acana is a good food kibble wise, i do hope she gets better soon, springtime is probably not helping her fight and create antibodies against these issues... Keep us posted

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

I highly recommend a probiotic for her. It will help the diarrhea and the yeast immensely and boost her immune system. I was using an expensive one made by Iams and just tried a bottle of one I got at Walmart (I asked at the pharmacy for the one that is refrigerated and they had it) - small bottle, about $12, 50 pills and I have been giving 2 a day in the food since the weekend and am seeing a huge difference in the yeasty spaces between the toes (like, totally gone, fur is back to white!), plus I am using the duoxo wipes and lotrimin powder between the toes too. Culturelle is also recommended as well if you want to try that one. Do a search on probiotics, you will see all the good they can do. Good luck and hope your baby's better soon!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey Hepbull
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    I highly recommend a probiotic for her. It will help the diarrhea and the yeast immensely and boost her immune system. I was using an expensive one made by Iams and just tried a bottle of one I got at Walmart (I asked at the pharmacy for the one that is refrigerated and they had it) - small bottle, about $12, 50 pills and I have been giving 2 a day in the food since the weekend and am seeing a huge difference in the yeasty spaces between the toes (like, totally gone, fur is back to white!), plus I am using the duoxo wipes and lotrimin powder between the toes too. Culturelle is also recommended as well if you want to try that one. Do a search on probiotics, you will see all the good they can do. Good luck and hope your baby's better soon!
    Thanks so much for the tip about the lotrimin. She is actually already on a probiotic/digestive enzyme. Geneflora made by Cycles of Life.
    Bully Love From,

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey Hepbull View Post
    Thanks so much for the tip about the lotrimin. She is actually already on a probiotic/digestive enzyme. Geneflora made by Cycles of Life.
    You are very welcome, I learned about that here!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The only thing that helped my Gunnyboy is Clindimycin.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is, for the cysts.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    i agree. I give both my dogs Probiotics daily - The one's I use are Vetri Probiotic Chews which they both enjoy. They seem t be the best ones out there for dogs.
    And I agree, the benefits are definitely worth the effort.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads