Whites of Eyes are Brown

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Does anyone else's bully have brown/black discoloration where the eyes are normally white?

Bre's eyes have always been this way and I've been curious what causes it. They have been this way since the day I got her. Is it health related or just varies from bully to bully? I always forget to ask the vet what causes this and he's never mentioned it in all the times we have been there so it must not be bad?

002-3.jpg

Thanks! Just curious...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly's have become that way with age, she is almost 5... But she started having dry eye about 7 months ago. Not sure if that is related or not?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, Banks' are like that --- I had asked one of the Drs. are our vets office and they said it is nothing, just that - a discoloration.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Our BeBe's are like that too and she is 5 years old.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Gracies are like that and she just turned 3

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Yea, one of Uni's is like that. She is one year now. I asked the vet, said that is normal and in fact can be better for sun protection.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
This is interesting cuz Mugsys have been this way since the day we got him at 8 weeks old. I always just figured it was something not serious since nobody pointed it out. For him I think it makes him cuter cuz he doesn't have that pug eye bulge appearance. haha Cuttys are white and Miilas are white or so I am pretty sure. They are all sleeping right now so will have to double check tomorrow. I know Cuttys are white tho.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
One of Lola's is like that, just the outside of her right eye. Has been since we got her at 10 weeks old. I've always wondered about it, but never think to ask. It's a relief to know it's nothing!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson's were white when he was younger but recently, as he has gotten older (he is 6), that area has discolored like the picture of Bre's eye. I just attributed it to his age.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson's eyes are like that too and have been like that since I got him. Doesn't seem to affect him any

Tobs31

May 16, 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Sullivan (my angel), Hank, and Ted
Hank has one eye that has a discolored white. He was born like that and it doesn't seem to effect him in anywayImageUploadedByTapatalk1337274655.583813.jpg

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
My Frenchies are brown too, I was actually wondering what it was a couple of days ago! Glad I saw this thread!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online