do you have a "pedipaws"?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester's nails are driving me nuts :eek: My husband and I were thinking of getting one of those "pedipaw" things at the mall so we could do his nails ourselves. As I said before, some of his nails break, so a clean cut is not always possible..and it was a "pedipaws" type thing they used at petsmart the last time we took him to get trimmed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Don't have one, and I completely suck at nail trimming. Either not enough or way too much when I do it :(. I am so scared of the quick- it freaks me out!!! Tell me more about this pedipaws thing :)

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
My boyfriend was thinking of getting that pedipaw for our babies. But im super scared.. :X My mom used to cut all our doggs nails and once she cut them too short && it hurt Lolita (our family chiuaua dog) she bleed. :(

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
we have one, but both Vegas and Orion are freaked by the noise. But then again, the vacuum, espresso maker and blender have the same effect on them. They do tolerate the hand mixer. Maybe because they like to lick the beaters.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
we have one too.... It freaks them both out.... it makes a load noise and we can't even get close with it....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Okay so I googled pedipaws, and now I know what you are talking about. It is like a dremmell that doesn't work LOL. 8 out of 8 reviews at Target.com said dont waste your money- that if you apply any pressure with the nail it stops running due to a lack of power. Professionals use a dremmel, same thing- but with power.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We have one. Just like everyone else, the dogs freak out. However I used the Kitchen counter trick and Bella was the only one who wouldn't stay still. However I will note that we clip them and then file them smooth and rounded. So the Pedipaw isn't used that much on them. I do agree: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I have lent mine out to many friends to try and not one of them was able to use it. I have a good friend with Bullies and she uses a Dremel, the cheaper one at Walmart.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I agree with the above, we had one, first it freaks Vegas out, second when my husband held Vegas and I finally got one nail in, it stopped due to pressure. Don't waste your money. I even put it on the floor turned on so he could check it out first, but he just backed up, barked and ran to his cage.

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
Funny cause we have one but we have not used it...our breeder gave one to us when we picked him and Ivana up but she trimmed up their nails and havent had to use it since we get em...we will see.

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
I have one bot it's from Oyster more money to buy but a better machine. I bought the pedipaws one but it doesn't turn fast enough so it takes to long. Both my bullies were afraid of it in the beginning but they got used to it. I put it on the floor when it was turned off so they could see and smell it did that for a few times, then I rubbed it on their feet with it still off. 2nd I turned it on and did all the same things without using it on their nails, then when they wouldn't shy away from it I started using it on their nails. Now they love it it's easier to use then cutting their nails because you can't cut to short. With the grinders it keeps their nails where they should be so no clicking when they walk and no chance of them getting a nail caught on something and pulling and hurting their nail. I have never had anyone else cut their nails in 4 years that i have had them. So try it I think you'll find it's easy to do.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Have heard nothing but bad about the pedipaws for bullies or big dogs. Have heard it works for small dogs with small nails but if you want one I would get a dremmel.

Members online