Experience with Entropion.

Drake

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
I'm sure this topic has been discussed multiple times in the past but, I would like to hear some of your experiences. I have a 4 month old bulldog. At 2 months old he started showing signs of having entropion taking place in both eyes. My vet sutured the eye lids in hopes to "train" the eye lid out. This procedure did correct one of the eyes as of now. I have since visited a K9 Optimologist for a second option. His recommendation is too continue stapling or suturing the eye until my pup is around 10 months of age. This will allow his face / scull to mature then have a corrective surgery of the eye lid in hopes of a more permanent fix.

Advice on the best way to proceed is much appreciated!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I don't have experience about Entropion, but as a puppy Usko had a few episodes of Sherry eye. They went away by them selves and now that his head has grown to almost of it's full size (he is 18 months) They haven't occured anymore. So I think it's best to waite if the operation is not really necessary yet.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I do have personal experience with Entropion. Max had it when he was 4-months old. That started months of treatments, including eye drops, ointments, eye-stapling, wearing E-collars, and on and on and on ....... in addition to lacerated corneas in both eyes. It was months of taking him back and forth to the Vet Opthamologist. Now he is plagued with blepharitis. Ultimately Maximus will be faced with surgery to remove all of the excess lower eye-lid he has on both eyes.
It has been a very expensive and tedious experience and it never seems to end. His eyes, for whatever reason, are a problem, so he is forever on steroids, antibiotics, ointments, drops, etc. . . . . But I love him and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He is my very special Boy !

OP
Drake

Drake

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Thanks for the info Maximus.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.