Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin issues!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Skin issues!

Thanks guys! We changed the earthborn a couple months ago (I haven't been on here in a while) He is now on nature's recipe. I've though about getting him an allergy test but I heard they were really expensive, does anyone know? And, @Saalwi I've wondered if it could be something outside, I was brushing him in the grass the other day and he didn't want to sit still (which isn't normal, he likes getting brushed) so I didn't know if it was bugs getting to him or what but he's also broken out on his stomach. Maybe we'll have to look at other foods. When we got him from his owners he did have a yeast infection but this doesnt look like what he had so i'm not sure

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Little dots - like hives, perhaps? Little raised, red dots?

Bo gets those when he spends any extended time in the grass. Wipe downs (babywipes) and benedryl - if necessary only - is how I manage that one. The both get wiped down at the door, coming back in.

Drool Catcher AdventuresWithOliver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherri
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Our first bulldog, Winnie, had severe skin allergies which caused her to lose hair in random places. After trying shampoos, special diets, sprays, etc - we didn't see a big change until our vet started her on Atopica. It is pricey but boy, did it change her life. She became virtually itch-free. I can't say enough good things about it. She was on a high dose (it's in pill form) and received it every other day.
    Life is always an Adventure with Oliver!
    http://adventureswitholiver.tumblr.com/

Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your input! I think we're going to try to change his food first so we'll see! He only has red spots because he sits and scratches, other than that there wouldn't be, it's just red.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kels16 View Post
    OH, and we also have to give him a bath about once a week because he starts smelling again! How often should they get baths? I don't think he should start stinking again so soon
    allergies make them smell/moult heavy,bathe him in malaseb and perhaps try and figure what hes allergic to,vet meds may clear the symptoms but never clear the actual problem im afraid,karen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads