Otis scared Momma!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Saturday morning when Otis woke up he turned his head and looked at me and he had a large white bubble on his left eye - I thought maybe he got poked in the eye with some and I was so scared I ran upstairs (with Otis in arms) crying to my husband - Oh my god somethings wrong with Otis's eye.

My husband looked at it, pulled up Otis's eyelid and walaa the bubble was gone!

He thinks it was his eyeball and that his lid was stuck because his eye was dry - anyone else experience that?

OMG it took me a good fifteen minutes to collect myself and stop crying.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh I have no idea without seeing what this looks like. Sounds scary tho. It wasnt cherry eye poking out of the bottom of the lid by chance?

L

Lucy-licious

I would have been scared too :hug:
Do a search for images of cherry eye to see if it was similar. Although it being white it probably isnt that..cherry is usually pink/red I think.
Does he have a lot of tearing down his fold? If its excessive it is likely that he will get dry eyes...you can get lubricating eyegel from the pharmacy that you can use although if he's anything like my Lucy it wil be a struggle to apply. We found it was best done with 3 pairs of hands :rofl:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would have been the same mess you were.... never heard of it, seems similar to cherry eye, but next vet appointment I'd get it looked at

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Thank goodness your husband is a calm guy! I've not ever seen/head anything like this either, but everyone's suggestions here are good ones. Next time you take him to the vet, have your doctor spend some quality time looking in his eyes. Just to check everything.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments.

It happened again yesterday - again it was a white bulge in went back in after hubby lifted his lower eyelid (thank god it happened when he was home)

I will be seeing vet soon and will have this looked at. I am so freaked out by it:cry:. My baby boy....

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments.

It happened again yesterday - again it was a white bulge in went back in after hubby lifted his lower eyelid (thank god it happened when he was home)

I will be seeing vet soon and will have this looked at. I am so freaked out by it:cry:. My baby boy....

we all understand.. My baby had to have eye surgery for Entropian.. I took off from work and cried for days.. :laugh: it does sound like cherry eye ( pretty common) and I too would have the vet look at it.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you babyduke! I looked up Entropian - I would have cried too - hope Duke is all better now!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thank you babyduke! I looked up Entropian - I would have cried too - hope Duke is all better now!

he is ( 114 stiches and major surgery later ) but anyway I feel your pain.. we are all the same here when it comes to our bully babies! ... all good!!! Otis is a cutie!!! :bully:

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I would have been scared too :hug:
Do a search for images of cherry eye to see if it was similar. Although it being white it probably isnt that..cherry is usually pink/red I think.
Does he have a lot of tearing down his fold? If its excessive it is likely that he will get dry eyes...you can get lubricating eyegel from the pharmacy that you can use although if he's anything like my Lucy it wil be a struggle to apply. We found it was best done with 3 pairs of hands :rofl:

Will try that eyegel, great idea, thank you! I can't imagine I'll have any better luck then you with your Lucy!

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
he is ( 114 stiches and major surgery later ) but anyway I feel your pain.. we are all the same here when it comes to our bully babies! ... all good!!! Otis is a cutie!!! :bully:

Oh poor baby, that couldnt be cheap. I hope when Otis grows up he has a face just like Duke - love the roundness, he couldnt be prettier.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online