My Bully is breathing extremely fast!!! just now!!

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
My 10 week old Rocky is sleeping right now and he's breathing really strange!!! extremely fast!!! What could it be? He was fine all day Long!!! Help Please!!!:shout:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Relax you are too anxious is anything else wrong

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
No he's been ok!!! he had a pneumonia about 2 weeks ago, but he finished his antibiotics and he's been perfectly fine, really active, i just have never seen him breath this way :( i took a video, wonder if i can post it here some how? maybe i am panicking a little, but he's my baby, just making sure he's ok!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't over play bulldogs they over heat quickly make sue you have fresh clean water play time should be kept short especially in the warmer temps try to relax now don't panic what's he doing now

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xfqllg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! A lot of these guys..will breathe heavier and faster especially while sleeping. Puppies seem especially prone to this. If he is normal other than this, I would just watch him and if you see any other poems, you would probably want to follow up with your vet. But it's very easy to get stressed out with these Bully's! And having been through pneumonia, I'm sure you're really paying close attention!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
he could just be dreaming. if hes fine other than that id just watch him.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
he could just be dreaming. if hes fine other than that id just watch him.

That was my thought too. Rapid breathing during sleep usually is dreaming. Some will even try to run while dreaming and kick their legs around.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4840]BulldogMom31[/MENTION] hows the little guy this morning?

OP
BulldogMom31

BulldogMom31

May 5, 2012
Houston Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
ROCKY
Hey guys thank you all so much, he's totally fine, LOL i guess he was dreaming, he's breathing normal THANK GOD!! I guess i panicked but he's my first puppy, and all of us in our family are crazy about him, so anything different and we all freaked out!! hehehe, i really appreciate all of you!! You guys are very sweet!!! thank you!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hey guys thank you all so much, he's totally fine, LOL i guess he was dreaming, he's breathing normal THANK GOD!! I guess i panicked but he's my first puppy, and all of us in our family are crazy about him, so anything different and we all freaked out!! hehehe, i really appreciate all of you!! You guys are very sweet!!! thank you!!!

panicking is normal, we all do it. Especially with a baby and being your first.... you will have many little things that make you think something is wrong. Glad it was just dreams making his breathing like that but after having pneumonia I can imagine every little things scares you now.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppies sleep a lot. And with this breed, you want to make sure not to over heat them, or over play them, til they pass out. Over playing until they pass out will cause extremely heavy breathing. That is not good.
Another time they may exhibit fast breathing, even eye blinking and twitching is during REM (rapid eye movement). This is a great place to get all kinds of information. You might want to start at the home page where it explains the normal stuff you should know about your new bulldog puppy. If anything else comes up, try to be calm first :whew: I know, I know, easy for me to say. Any how jump in.

So glad to hear your better today. :meeting:

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online