Audrey's Progress

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Here is a little background on what is going on with Audrey:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...lth/15392-audreys-$500-routine-vet-visit.html

So about 1 week after her vet visit, right around the time that we were increasing her ivermectin dose for her mange, she began having explosive, noxious diarrhea. :(

It's been four days now. We (of course) called her vet as soon as the diarrhea started and they told us to stop all of her medication (Cephalexin and Ivermectin) and supplements (Fish Oil, Immune System Booster, and Kelp) except for her probiotic and digestive enzyme. We need to determine which of her meds is causing this. It just sucks because she is so sick already and she can't get better without her meds, but her meds are making her sick. :cry: We were told that we need to try and get the diarrhea under control for at the very least 3 days and then we can slowly add back the meds. First the Cephalexin. If after 3 days back on that she is ok, then we can add in the Ivermectin again. And then if she is fine after 3 days on both the Ivermectin snd Cephalexin, then we can add back one supplement every 3 days u til she is back on all of her meds and supplemenrs.

We were told to add some grain and/or pumpkin into her diet to help firm up her stool. Audrey is on a raw diet. So she has been eating a chicken leg quarter (leg and thigh) in the AM and a cup of cooked pasta or rice mixed with some pumpkin at night. Her stool was a *little* better today, but still not where it needs to be. What sucks is that my fiancé and I are having to go outof town this weekend because my sister is graduating from college. Audrey will be staying with my fiancé's parents. I hate to leave her from Saturday night through Monday night because she isn't well, but we have no choice. :( :( :( To make things even more stressful, MY dog (Copernicus) is having to stay at a kennel this weekend for the first time ever (he will be 4 years old this year) because the people that were supposed ro be watching him this weekend bailed at the last minute, and my fiancé's parents can't watch him. So I am essentially a nervous wreck having to leave my babies this weekend.

It is just so frustrating. Especially with Auds because she can't get better till she is on her meds, and now we have to work on getting her stools back in order before we can start them again.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Audrey, so sorry that she is not feeling better yet. Hang in there, postive, heeling thoughts from us.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hope Audrey if feeling better soon. It will take a while to get her back on track, but with your love, she will do it.

As far as boarding. I always felt bad doing it, but they do great. Make sure you take his bed, blankets and toys to feel at home. It is like dropping skin kids off at day care, they cry, but only until you turn your back. Then next thing you know they are playing and laughing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like a very tough situation!! I hope the poo gets better before you leave at least.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I'm so sorry you are going through all of this at once! Hopefully Audrey will start feeling better soon and she can get back on her meds.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hope Aubrey feels better soon and everything goes well! :pray:

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Ugh. Diarrhea is STILL not better. Its been about 5 days now. :( I will be starting her on immodium and plain pedialyte tonight. I just hate leaving her for the weekend when I know her tummy isn't right. It is SO frustrating to have one more issue on top of all the others she already has. I just wish her stool would get better. :(

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Poor baby! I hope she gets better soon! Positive thoughts heading your way.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Personally, I'd probably stay home. sorry, send me the video.

That's just me sayin

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
She is still eating and drinking (and playing). She is by no means acting sick. She just won't turn off the cannon butt lol. She got some immodium tonight. Hoping that will help. That and being off her meds for now.

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
If she were at death's door i would definitely stay home. But since she just has diarrhea and is acting fine otherwise, I'm not going to miss my sister's graduation.

L

Lucy-licious

I'm sure you fiance's parents will call you if they need you :hug:

So 5 days without the meds and she stil has bad poos? might be worth taking a sample to the vets, just in case.

Poor sweet baby, hang in there, this wont last for ever :hug:

and enjoy the graduation :dancing:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm sure you fiance's parents will call you if they need you :hug:

So 5 days without the meds and she stil has bad poos? might be worth taking a sample to the vets, just in case.

Poor sweet baby, hang in there, this wont last for ever :hug:

and enjoy the graduation :dancing:

Agreed.... might be worth taking her off the raw and just going with cooked rice/chicken(beef) with the pumpkin to see if that helps settle her tummy/system

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'd be worried sick too. My daughter is graduating next month and I have to leave this crew for a few days too. It makes me quite anxious to leave my menagerie - but after I'm on the plane, I mellow out. Suggestion: Valium. Helps me.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.