Help! Bulldog Puppy and a Small Rock

Tara44

Apr 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Martha
Hi Everyone!
I am new to this forum site and I just got a bulldog puppy (11 weeks). Her name in Martha! This is my first dog so I am learning the ropes as quickly as possible. Tonight I took her outside to get some fresh air on my front stoop & she somehow got a hold of a small pebble size rock. I tried to get it out of her mouth, but am not certain if she spit it out or ate it. Should I be very concerned? Or just watch for any changes in digestive track? Anything to watch for? I am a nervous wreck now!
Thanks for any advice you have!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to the site and the wonderful world of bulldogs!

If it was a small pebble she should be OK, but watch for vomiting or not going :poo: ..... you'll be surprised at what they can pass.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree if it was small I would just keep an eye out. Being so small might be a concern but most likely will pass. I would think so long as poo, eating and drinking seems fine with no vomiting it should be ok. Welcome by the way! :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hi Tara... I have nothing to add execpt :welcome:

Glad you joined and feel free to join right in. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome [MENTION=4728]Tara44[/MENTION] ! Post some pics of that angel when you can. We love pictures.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Kain will pick up rocks also, I check his mouth can't find nothing then he is chewing again and again is I check again and there it is. Usually hidden around that tongue somewhere.

Get him used to you opening his mouth etc, vet will appreciate it also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Oh, I feel your pain! Rook was (and sometimes still is) a scavenger on walks as a pup and it takes some skill to go in after it with all the hidey places they have in their mouths. Thank goodness we finally learned the "leave it" and "drop it" commands... although sometimes he pretends not to hear me. I agree with everyone, a small pebble probably wont cause Martha any problems, just keep an eye on her.
By the way, welcome, and more pictures please!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Welcome! I agree with the others.. Dont worry Duke ate 6 stuffed little snake toys off to the ER we went ! ha ha ha they will eat anything so just have eyes in the back of your head! can't wait to see pictures!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.