Vet thinks Lola needs to lose a few!

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Went to the vet last night for a checkup and vaccinations. Everything went fine. Lola weighed in at 56.8 pounds, she is almost 1 1/2 now. The vet said she thought Lola could lose about 5 pounds. I don't think she's fat!! She really does have a tuck at her waist and you can feel her ribs. She wants me to cut down her food by 20%. We feed Fromm Surf and Turf, she gets about 1 1/4 cups twice a day. Not many treats at all, other than about a tbsp of peanut butter in a Kong on weekdays, a little yogurt on her breakfast, and salmon oil on her dinner.

I'll try to get a good picture of her waistline tonight.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
if you can see the tuck I wouldnt think she needs to lose?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Oh dear that weight issue... Dublin is down from 51lbs to 47 lbs and I still get the "evil eye" and not so nice comments from those "kindly" strangers... I want her weight down to try to help her breathing issues. She will be two in August. She is what I call a "low to the ground bully" very short legs and very stocky. Dublin eats about the same as Lola by the looks of things. Maybe more treats..... Is she a taller bully?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
My two older boys are the same age as Lola and they only get 1 cup of kibble twice a day and hardly any treats at all, probably only 3 times a week and then it's fresh fruit or veggies, no commercial doggie treats (junk).

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Both of the boys are on Fromm and get just shy of a cup at each meal .. jameson is 65 pounds, titan 70....i think jameson needs to lose a couple but that's my fault as i bribe him with treats. titan has a great figure

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She sounds fine.... will look forward to pics later. Also, you should think of dropping her food to 1 cup 2x a day... that is usually plenty and then you can use frozen green beans, blueberries as treats

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Without pics there is no way to help for sure. Miila is a very small girl weighing in at around 35 pounds. We got her at a year and in the 8 months she hasnt changed much. She is perfect for her size and eats a heaping 3/4 cups of the fromm grain free 2x a day. BUT they are totally diff sizes obviously so without pics this is tough. I say if the dr wants a few pounds off it may be a good thing. Just cut the food down barely watch feeding and you will see it come off enough to make you and the vet happy. :)

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Here are some pictures. Yes, [MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION], she has longer legs than some bullies I have seen. I did drop her food down to 1 cup. She looked at me last night like WTH is this? Poor thing.

Last night eating dinner
c7820f20.jpg

Playing
3e43a359.jpg

Good side shot
4dcd3d4d.jpg

Just because she's so stinkin' cute...
ac93b07b.jpg

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
She is gorgeous...I dont' get why your vet wants her to lose weight. She certainly doesn't look overweight at all to me. She definitely has much longer legs than Dubbie...:-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.