Another food option?

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Hi all,

Spunky is transitioned to Fromm surf and turf-after being on Fromm frittata. Some of our friends that own a bully says to only feed her lamb and rice mix. I know every bullies different, but are there any good brands for that? Or does anyone agree/disagree with that?

She still had those lumps between her ties, and shes getting little spots on her belly (looks like tiny bug bites). Any suggestions before we get new food?!?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I dont think you need to stick with lamb and rice. Fromm surf and turf is a great food. I cant use lamb and rice as lola scratches like crazy on it.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Beefy loves Fromm Surf and Turf and Beef Frittata. Well, Beef just loves Fromm food period! Spunky's allergy issues could be due to grass and other outside type things. Beefy has grass allergy issues. I give him Benadryl daily and it has done wonders.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
We have given spunky Benedryl also, though we stopped because her issues were clearing up. Though their coming back again. I think we may stick to surf and turf because it makes me feel good about giving her a 5 star food :)

But keep the suggestions coming :)

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
And about the lamb...I wasn't so sure because I trust everyone on here!!' so thanks for being there!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Could it be possible it is anything else? I know with Lola she gets bad when fleas attack.. I have yet to find anything to keep them completely off of her.. As far as the things between toes. i would either try preparation h or soaking in epsom salts.

It could take several types of protein to go through to find the right one. I know I have went through a bunch..Still trying here.

How long has pup been on the Fromm?

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=1930]RescueMe[/MENTION] it is possible. She's been on Fromm for a couple months now. And she is currently on flea meds, so far no fleas. It's very possible it could be grass, or the stuff they spray in our grass, or ants idk...

She loves being outside, but we do limit her for the time being. When shes a year I want to get her allergy test done.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
A lot of bulldogs are allergic to lamb, but my Molly does great on it. I give her the earthorn meadow feast, she does pretty good. I still think she does best on the Avoderm grain free, which has more lamb, but I would stick with the Fromm for a while longer if it is going good, takes a few to completely clear out the system.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Note, 3 of my other bullies do not do well on lamb... No serious reactions but they just don't glow like they do on other proteins.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@RescueMe it is possible. She's been on Fromm for a couple months now. And she is currently on flea meds, so far no fleas. It's very possible it could be grass, or the stuff they spray in our grass, or ants idk... She loves being outside, but we do limit her for the time being. When shes a year I want to get her allergy test done.

If you do not do it already.... wipe her paws when you bring her in. I keep baby wipes by the door and do a quick wipe... it helps a lot

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] good idea, we wipe them at night, though doing it when she comes in sounds like a better idea. Do you use a certain kind of baby wipe? I think we use a natural hyper allergenic kind right now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama good idea, we wipe them at night, though doing it when she comes in sounds like a better idea. Do you use a certain kind of baby wipe? I think we use a natural hyper allergenic kind right now.

We use the unscented Target brand.... on days when the lawn is mowed we actually use a wet wash cloth to get them real good

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online