Another food option?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
We have given spunky Benedryl also, though we stopped because her issues were clearing up. Though their coming back again. I think we may stick to surf and turf because it makes me feel good about giving her a 5 star food :)

But keep the suggestions coming :)
exactly when did the issues start and stop. that will be telling. did they start back when you put her on the surf n turf or when the weather changed outside. surf n turf has chicken and alot of bullies dont do well on it. also any protein can be a problem if your bully happens to be allergic to it. just wondering.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
i was gonna say the same thing as [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] about surf and turf having chicken. my guy is allergic to most meat protein. Pretty much only beef/bison works. But having these spots on the underside only may suggest something she may be laying on like grass.

I also started using the unscented babywipes to wipe him down daily. He hasn't had a bath in three weeks and still feels very clean and soft. We used to do weekly baths.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
The issue started closer to weather change (we're in TX). At the time, she was still on beef frittata and had been for a couple months. We did give her some wet Canidae food and mixed with her dry food (I threw the can away thinking that may have been it). But now she's on surf and turf (her tear stains are looking great!).

My husband [MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] is convinced its the grass, which I'm starting to think too.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
late to this one but just to add lamb makes Cuttys tear stains awful. BUT all pups are diff. Surf and turf so far has been the best for Cutty, now Miila I am still figuring out....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.