No more sun bathing .... Doctor's orders!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:eek: That was one of the recommendations for Stig. It was the only one for him actually. She said seeing he's so pale and white that he's more susceptible to skin cancer. So the patio door blinds are now closed for the poor guy ... until I find a UV protected film to stick on the glass. Overall she said he's in really good shape ... heart, eyes, ears and tummy (???) are good. :dance3: And he gained 3 lbs! He's now a hefty 51.6 lbs.

Now for Punks. The good news is that his overall health is fantastic too. His heart's good, which is always a blessing. He gained 3 lbs though. :down: We need to start on his Zymox ear meds again, it's still a little yeasty. When we mentioned his leg to her and the possibility of arthritis, she shrugged it off at first because she thought he was too young. But once she examined him manually, she noticed that his right kneecap was a little loose so arthritis is indeed possible. She gave us glucoseamine pills called Glycoflex for him to take daily. They're also going to take a medium quality x-ray of his leg in a couple of weeks where sedation isn't necessary, thank goodness.

She also said to continue with daycare as exercise is good for him. Plus that if he feels pain, then he'll instinctively slow down. Not sure about that, but I still give it a :up:.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All in all... not a bad vet visit! good luck getting Punks to slow down due to pain -- I do not think bulldogs understand that concept

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Glad to hear things went generally well. Sending hugs to Punkin & Stigs!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Pretty good visit! Maybe Stig can take up moon bathing! When I was a kid, we went swimming a lot at night and my step dad told us that if we lay under the moonlight we'd get pale! lol.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
sounds like a great vet visit to me. Poor Stig, can't work on his tan anymore. Hope the x-ray is normal on Punkin.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Maybe Stig can take up moon bathing!
:yes: This is great advice!!! :lol:

Glad to hear the vet visit went well over all! Hope the xray in a couple of weeks goes well too!
I didn't know that bullies had a "slow" setting. I haven't found it on Rook yet.

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Overall a great vet visit!! And we LOVE GlycoFlex in our house! :D

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Glad to hear things are pretty good with the boys! I had never even considered that because their fur is white that they would be more susceptible to skin cancer. Huh, you learn something new everyday in the world of bulldogs!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.