Pet Food Recall List!!!!

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Maybe everyone has already seen this or someone else has posted...if so, I apologize for re-posting, I just wanted to get the word out on this for those using these brands!

I hope it's OK to post this link to the article that lists the specific brands/types of food affected:

http://yesbiscuit.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/list-of-pet-foods-recalled-due-to-salmonella/

Here is some of the copy for those who want a quick glance:

[h=2]List of Pet Foods Recalled Due to Salmonella[/h] [h=3]May 7, 2012[/h]
When pet food recalls hit, owners are naturally concerned. And because the news is so successfully buried by the pet food industry, many people are slow to learn about it. I am going to post a list of brands recalled due to salmonella with links so people interested in learning more about the recalled foods can do so. As of this posting, only dry pet foods are on the recall list, no treats or canned foods. The list has changed numerous times so it’s important to keep checking for the latest information on the brand you feed. (Note: When it says “click here”, place your cursor over the words “click here” and click your mouse one time. That will open up a new tab on your browser with the webpage that provides more detailed information.)
KirklandClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
WellnessClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
Natural BalanceClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers SoulClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
Taste of the WildClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
CanidaeClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
Country ValueClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
DiamondClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
Diamond NaturalsClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
Premium EdgeClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
ProfessionalClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
4HealthClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
ApexClick here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
Kaytee Forti-Diet (mouse, rat and hamster food) – Click here for detailed information on which formulas and lot numbers are being recalled.
If the brand you feed is not on this list and you are wanting more information from the company, click here to visit Google. While there, type in the brand of food you feed. Click the link to the company’s website. Look for anything on the home page titled “recall”, “news”, or similar wording. You may also wish to click the company’s “contact” page to get the phone number.
Regardless of whether the food you feed is on the recall list, it would be a good idea to find out if the food was made in the contaminated Diamond plant in Gaston, SC. If you contact the pet food company and are told the food was made at the Gaston plant, I would not recommend feeding it. The plant was shut down on April 8 due to salmonella contamination. If the company refuses to tell you exactly where the food was made, citing “proprietary information” or other nonsense, I would not feed it.
Always wash your hands with soap after touching pet food, just as you would after handling raw eggs or meat. Click here for more info from the CDC on how to minimize your risk. If you suspect you may have become ill due to salmonella poisoning, click here for info from the CDC. Symptoms in pets are similar to those in people.
If you do contact a pet food company and receive any additional information, please share in the comments.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you, yes I had posted a similar recall article of these foods over the weekend. I had ordered Natural Balance just last week. I will checking those #'s closely. If they even ship at all

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
They have shipped my order, from what I got off the news the salmonella is causing diarrhea in the dogs and making the humans sick who handle it. 14 humans in PA so far. The news said to wash your hands is all LOL seriously, small dogs could fatally ingest this? am I over reacting?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online