My poo can't make up it's mind runny or solid help!

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

It's me Bongo my poop is good some days and soft serve others and once in awhile pretty runny? My dad put me on to Orijen large puppy breed and were almost done our first large bag. I'm still happy playing with my brother having fun love the food can't eat it quick enough. So can someone tell my dad how long or how many bags it will take for my poops to get normal. I've been on it 1 month I'm 15 weeks old now.
My brother Louie is a 10 month old pub and he switched with me and his poop is awesome I'm sooo jealous help .

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:bang: I feel your pain. I'm thinking it's a food problem. I have heard and read that Bully's aren't really considered "large breed" dogs. But it could be a lot of problems he's having with that food. It has taken me a year and many different foods to figure out Jakes issues. You can save yourself a lot of aggravation and have him tested for allergies. I will tag [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]..she is the food guru here and I'm sure she can help! Hang in there. You can add canned pumpkin to his food for a temporary fix..not the pie filling...straight pumpkin. But that won't solve the problem..just firm up his :poo: a bit.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
With Kain right now I lowered the amount slightly and it firmed up. If I feed him more it goes soft. Just something to add and easy to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey Bongo :). I am wondering if you are on a schedule or if you get other treats as well. What you are describing sounds like sometimes you may be getting a bit too much causing different poos. Let me know :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I had the same idea as desertskybulldogs that is he getting some treats or chewing something just occasionally that makes his poo react?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Bongo :). I am wondering if you are on a schedule or if you get other treats as well. What you are describing sounds like sometimes you may be getting a bit too much causing different poos. Let me know :)

agreed

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Nope no treats and we do have pumpkin. I will try and lower the amount I'm giving him. Large breed was recommended because of there heavier bone structure. How long should it take for there tummy to adjust to new food 1,2 months?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It should take about four weeks for you to get the old food out of his system and for him to fully adjust to the new food. If you take out all treats and use his food as the treat then you will reduce the possible list of things that may be making him soft serve sometimes ... unless he is eating stuff in the back yard which my Daddy and Linus do ALL the time!! :cursing:

I know that the food available in Canada is different to that in the USA, but also worth checking out our dog food ratings list to give you some idea of which foods are good and bad. This list was put together ONLY for bulldogs.

Keep posting to let us know how it is going!! :up:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hi all,

It's me Bongo my poop is good some days and soft serve others and once in awhile pretty runny? My dad put me on to Orijen large puppy breed and were almost done our first large bag. I'm still happy playing with my brother having fun love the food can't eat it quick enough. So can someone tell my dad how long or how many bags it will take for my poops to get normal. I've been on it 1 month I'm 15 weeks old now.
My brother Louie is a 10 month old pub and he switched with me and his poop is awesome I'm sooo jealous help .

For the record, I love it when dogs actually do the posting. :heart:

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Sarge is on Blue Buffalo Wilderness and his poo was soft serve so I took all treats away and it didnt help, so I started to add cottage cheese with 1/2 bannana, and a couple strawberries all mixed together. His poo is perfect now, its firm but not hard, I swear fruit is the answer, well it was for sarge.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Sarge is on Blue Buffalo Wilderness and his poo was soft serve so I took all treats away and it didnt help, so I started to add cottage cheese with 1/2 bannana, and a couple strawberries all mixed together. His poo is perfect now, its firm but not hard, I swear fruit is the answer, well it was for sarge.

Hi,

Well my Dad did what you said and cut back my food a little bit. ( THANKS A LOT BTW:aaargh: ) but it has seemed to work and he took away my wellness treats which sucks but replaced them with my food so not too bad trade off for pooping less and having come out firm and not so messy. I'm happy my dads not so worried too thanks for the help. I'm gonna tell him to give me some Fruit cause you said so lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi,

Well my Dad did what you said and cut back my food a little bit. ( THANKS A LOT BTW:aaargh: ) but it has seemed to work and he took away my wellness treats which sucks but replaced them with my food so not too bad trade off for pooping less and having come out firm and not so messy. I'm happy my dads not so worried too thanks for the help. I'm gonna tell him to give me some Fruit cause you said so lol.

No worries, Bongo.... you will love the fruit treats, especially frozen blueberries

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.