BULLDOG ADVICE...share your tips:)

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hello! I am looking for some bulldog owners to share their tips with me! I have an almost 10 month english bullie who is absolutely nuts (in a good and loving way of course!) He is all white and i'm wondering how you guys keep your bullies face clean? Any helpful products? Also, what types of treats do you feed your dogs? Please share your secrets/tips on how you take care of your bullie! Thanks!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Keeping Gio white is difficult because he loves to roll around in mud and dirt! I get them groomed once a month which does help! I will also use the wipes that I use to wipe after a number 2 to wipe his face, neck and legs to keep him looking and smelling cleaner between groomings! A lot of people here use fruit and veggies as treats, but since gio refuses to eat anything healthy I use Wet Noses organic dog treats in Pumpkin flavor, they smell like a cinnamon cookie that a human could eat!

Last edited:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre had very pronounced tear stains when I first got her (check my album for pics if you would like :)). The thing that cleared them up the best was using hydrogen peroxide in her folds every other day. I just take some of those cotton makeup remover pads, soak about 4 of them in the peroxide and wipe her eye folds and the dip between her eyes. Over the course of a month they lightened then disappeared.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
only use stainless steel bowls, keep the folds and tail area clean, check between the toes often too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Most of my tips are in the article welcoming home your new bulldog puppy , most can be applied to a bully of any age :)

OP
nmejia024

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Thank you everyone! This is so insightful!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello! I am looking for some bulldog owners to share their tips with me! I have an almost 10 month english bullie who is absolutely nuts (in a good and loving way of course!) He is all white and i'm wondering how you guys keep your bullies face clean? Any helpful products? Also, what types of treats do you feed your dogs? Please share your secrets/tips on how you take care of your bullie! Thanks!!

I wipe their paws when they come in from outside.... pesticides and dirt can be issues all the way around

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.