word of caution

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i was not to sure where to post this so decided to post it here ,please move it if needed,as you know i have an allergic dog and have had her tested,also as you know i raw feed her,well shes allergic to chicken so cannot feed it but as i get all her meat from the local butcher i know who is the last person to handle the meat i buy,the thing i dont know is has that person handled chicken before serving me?,i spoke to mark who did annies testing and he reminded me that even if i dont feed chicken ,any meat i buy may have been contaminated with chicken just through touch,so i have been washing all that i feed her ,its a bit of a chore but even a tiny bit of chicken residue will make her itch,shes been doing so well up until this morning,i gave her pork ribs last night as as it was late i forgot to run them under the tap just in case ,this morning her eyes are all goopy and i know shes been up all night itching because she knackered and gone back to sleep after ive cleaned her up,my point is ,after rambling :),is if you are feeding ocassional raw meat,full on raw,or putting topping on kibble and you know your dog is allergic to certain meats then be aware that it could have some meat residue on it that your dog is allergic to,its safer to was it just in case,karen

L

Lucy-licious

Aww poor Annie, I hope her reaction settles down soon :hug:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Great advice.

Remember the salmonella outbreaks of a few years ago? (here - not there) Cross contamination was a BIG topic then too. A good reminder for a lot of foods actually.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw karen thanks for the tip. i would have not thought of that. poor annie i hope shes better soon. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hope Annie is doing better

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.