Cherry eye

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
So this morning I notice that Herschel had developed cherry eye in his right eye. It wasn't there when we went to bed last night. I contacted his former owners and it has been and on and off thing. His former vet had told them that he wasn't a candidate for surgery because it usually went away in a day or so. Anyone with experience with this? Herschel has his vet appointment Friday but as a new bully mommy I'm worried.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Well, I just posted this and lo and behold Herschel woke up from a nice nap and it was pretty much gone. Still... any of you have this cherry eye that comes and goes on your babies?
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby gets subQ fluids and a couple of hours after I give it sometimes the corner of her eye pops out like that. It looks like cherry eye but her doctors tell me its from the fluid in her tissues. It always goes away by itself.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven gets cherry eye. The vet said for now as long as massaging it back in works then it's best to stick with that, so that is what we have been doing. She is getting to the point that she doesn't mind it much. When I took her for her spay I discussed the surgery but the vet said to keep massaging it back in. He also told me a lot of times if the do perform the surgery/tack that it might have to be repeated. I was also told even if it's not out, when I clean her face at night to massage it a bit. It helps her get comfortable with it and maybe work somewhat as a preventative. I noticed for the most part if we are out in the yard and she starts to rub her face maybe ten minutes or so the cherry eye pops out. Good luck.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
This happend to Brutus at 4 months his right came out and went back in by itself within 1 day! Then the left came out about 1 mnth ago and I massaged it back in...No issues as of yet! keep trying to massage it in and then use warm compress and hold for a little...

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I am experiencing the same thing with Otis and can massage it back in. Thank god! Knocking on wood for now....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.