BATH !!!!!

ilba7raini

Mar 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
king
how often would you guys recommend to give my bulldog a bath, and why does most of the people don't recommend washing the face just the body,,
my bulldog is 5 months old

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I wash my boys' faces regularly, especially Ruggles because his wrinkles need cleaning. I give baths once a month April thru Oct. Then in the cold months when needed and before Christmas! I brush and vacuum them at least twice a week all year!

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
how often would you guys recommend to give my bulldog a bath, and why does most of the people don't recommend washing the face just the body,,
my bulldog is 5 months old

I think the face advice is related to getting water in the ears and trapped in the folds. You can wash their face as long as u make sure the folds are dry afterwards.

Wash as often as they need it.. Don't over wash because it strips the natural oils of the hair/skin and they can get skin problems.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
bathed my dirty bitch today:hahaha:i wouldnt bath my dog ever if she didnt have allergies and had to be bathed regularly,i wash her wrinkles when needed and clean her ears monthly,karen

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I bath my dogs every 3 weeks but I use a soapy washcloth for faces to avoid getting water into the ears. Then rinse with a clean wet washcloth followed by a dry washcloth.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I wash about every two weeks, I use lavender baby shampoo. It's suppose to be good and gentle for them. I have never had it dry her out to much. I was the face in the bath, you just have to be careful not got get water in the nose or ears. I wipe a bit of lather on her cheeks and chin then use a wet wash cloth to rinse it off. and wipe the rest of her face. I also wash the face daily with one of the following: baby wipes(for on the go) wet paper towels(at home) or cotton rounds for tear stains.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I bathe only as needed... maybe once every three/four months.... face is done daily with baby wipes. As for not washing the face during bath time ... you do not want to risk getting water in their ears.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I gave Rook his monthly bath today, and he ended up dunking his own head under water chasing after the splashes he was making (he loves digging at the water to make big waves, it's really funny to watch). Didn't really have the option to not wash his face after that... good thing I remember to put cotton balls in his ears today!!!

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
is twice a week too much? how can you tell if theirs body is dry from bathing too much?
thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.