What is it????

Wilson1

May 4, 2012
Loomis, California, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson
Hello, my Wilson has what looks like flea dirt in between his eyes, just above his nose in that little dent. He does not have fleas, as he is on flea medicine. It feels like little bumps, but upon further inspection, it is brown and crusty (ew!) Today, I noticed that his hair is falling out there! I got a warm cloth and rubbed it, and then all of the hair just fell out! Is there some sort of skin mite or something that this could be? This is my first time with an English Bulldog, and have never seen anything like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hesika

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hmm... I have no idea. Was it maybe a little scab that you rubbed away, would make more sense with hair missing.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo has a similar spot. I think dirt settles in there and who knows what? Maybe irritates? I dunno. That area is part of Bo's daily wrinkle maintenance. I take a hypoallergenic baby wipe and fold it into a "point" and then corkscrew / squeegie in there, like there's no tomorrow. Sometimes, I add MalAcetic (at Amazon) to the treatment. If it looks irritated, I put some Desitin on there.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sounds like something my cat use to get on her chin. It looked like black specks but I found out it was something called chin acne. Just clogged up pores. She was not at all happy that I shampooed her chin but it never came back. It was medicated shampoo. Sorry that's all I can come up with...maybe posting a pic would help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi [MENTION=4833]Wilson1[/MENTION] welcome to the site. Can you post a picture of it? Seems like trapped dirt that is getting moist and causing the hair to come off.

Most Reactions