Poor Gracie

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
She has Spina Bifida and wears a diaper. I constantly clean her. I have upped her cranberry. If she is no better by tomorrow I will call him again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor sweet Gracie..... :hug:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Is this dog ever going to catch a break? She has a severe UTI. Blood in urine, excessively thirsty and peeing like crazy. Called the vet he told me to try Apple cider vinegar, probiotics, and echinacea and goldenseal in her food twice a day? Anyone ever heard of this?

He said if its not clearing up by friday he would give antibiotics. He doesnt want to now due to her being overloaded with them previously.

Thankfully she is acting ok..Like herself.

Laurie

I don't have to tell you that acting like herself is the best sign there is :)

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I called the vet and asked me if I could get a urine sample. UUUUHHH That will be kind of hard..I guess I could take her diaper off and follow her around with a baggie..lol..

Im waiting on the vet to call me back now.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I called the vet and asked me if I could get a urine sample. UUUUHHH That will be kind of hard..I guess I could take her diaper off and follow her around with a baggie..lol..

Im waiting on the vet to call me back now.

They run frequent urine tests on Abby, checking for protein in the urine which would show her kidney failure is in the advanced stages. I started buying infant urine collection bags for her. It's a bag with a hole and tape around it to stick it to the outside of her lady parts. It's a sterile bag too for more accurate test results. It won't help this time but maybe that would help you with Gracie next time?

You can buy them individually for 24 cents each or a box of 50 for 25.00. I can send you the link for where I buy them if you like. I ran out or I'd just send you a couple. I'm pretty sure you could pick one up at a pediatricians office or surgical supply store too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.