Poor Gracie

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Is this dog ever going to catch a break? She has a severe UTI. Blood in urine, excessively thirsty and peeing like crazy. Called the vet he told me to try Apple cider vinegar, probiotics, and echinacea and goldenseal in her food twice a day? Anyone ever heard of this?

He said if its not clearing up by friday he would give antibiotics. He doesnt want to now due to her being overloaded with them previously.

Thankfully she is acting ok..Like herself.

Laurie

I

ImAGuinneyPig

:( I have no experience with this....but thinking of you and lovely little Gracie :heart:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Poor baby :( We give HRH a cranberry pill every day as a preventative of UTI. Once it gets cleared up you may want to do that too. Give her a :hug: in the meantime from me. ;)

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I give her cranberry pills everyday..I dont why this happened. I will give her a kiss from Uncle Bruce.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
perhaps antibiotics are the only thing that will shift it quickly anything else will be a slow process ,poor girl and poor you for the worry its causing,perhaps for now double/tripple the dose of cranberry pills to try and boost it out of her,karen

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet is just so worried about the massive antibiotics that she has been on since getting sick. He is trying a healthier way to get rid of it.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Is this dog ever going to catch a break? She has a severe UTI. Blood in urine, excessively thirsty and peeing like crazy. Called the vet he told me to try Apple cider vinegar, probiotics, and echinacea and goldenseal in her food twice a day? Anyone ever heard of this?

He said if its not clearing up by friday he would give antibiotics. He doesnt want to now due to her being overloaded with them previously.

Thankfully she is acting ok..Like herself.

Laurie

I have never personally had this happen, I do know that the ACV (with the mother, Bragg brand) will balance the pH level, and the goldseal is herbal from a tree root the native's used in the winter months to enhance the immune system and keep colds away. The weed smokers use it too for cleansing the urine for pee tests. That's all I got for now. I sure hope she gets better soon.

OP
RescueMe

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Forgot to add that when I was extra cleaning her last night. She popped a cherry eye..I managed to massage it back in hopefully it will stay in.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have never personally had this happen, I do know that the ACV (with the mother, Bragg brand) will balance the pH level, and the goldseal is herbal from a tree root the native's used in the winter months to enhance the immune system and keep colds away. The weed smokers use it too for cleansing the urine for pee tests. That's all I got for now. I sure hope she gets better soon.

Sherry..you have the best info ever! :ROFL:

Poor Miss Gracie...I bet it hurts her too! I hope something helps her quickly..:hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor girl, hope she gets better soon.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Gracie. I hope that if it is prolonged she doesn't get bladder stones, males get them easier but bitches can get them too. Unfortunately I don't anything else that you could give her. I hope she gets well soon.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Aw, poor baby. Lupe had chronic utis and bladder crystals until we had to surgically rearrange her lady parts. She also had a stricture, which had to be manualy "stretched" weekly. She's been uti free since, but I still add water to her food daily and ACV in the water. I know the antibiotics are nasty, so it's great you have a vet willing to try something else, but this is a painful dangerous thing for your baby if it spreads to her kidneys. Can you up the cranberry?

One thing that might help is keeping her lady parts extra clean, especially after she goes potty. I bought a bunch of wash clothes as the dollar store and just soaked them in warm water and witch hazel and did compresses a few times a day, then wiped her dry. Even now when I occasionally clean her (she doesn't need it daily any more) Lupe will roll over on her back when she smells the whitch hazel! She loves the warmth. Because our babies can't clean themselves very well, that might be what happened. Good luck!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.