Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acne

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Custer and Maisie
    Likes (Received)

Default Acne

I've had bulldogs for quite a few years but never had to deal with acne before. I've been using several products for acne, washing their metal bowls after meals and doing anything I can think of to allieviate the situation. If anyone has something that worked particularly well I'd really appreciate it!

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Acne

Quote Originally Posted by mcardle3 View Post
    I've had bulldogs for quite a few years but never had to deal with acne before. I've been using several products for acne, washing their metal bowls after meals and doing anything I can think of to allieviate the situation. If anyone has something that worked particularly well I'd really appreciate it!

Sorry, I can't help with the acne but I can say

Someone will be along soon with the experience you are looking for.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

seems you are doing everything right..... are you drying the face after drinking?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

annie has has the odd spot/pimple ,when they appear i dab it with colloidal silver and it goes within a couple of days,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sirrius
    Likes (Received)

My previous bully had chin acne bigtime, we eventually switched from plastic to metal and finally to ceramic. Not sure if it was the cure all, we were washing her face every 3 days with a mediated shampoo. After switching it never came back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Miila tends to have it also but for her she scratches her chin up a lot so it is more red than actual acne. I know Cutty got it when he was young. Kinda dissappeared eventually, wether it be food or what I dunno. With Miila I use the mal a ket wipes from amazon and they clear up fast.

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads (30 Count) pads are the best...copy and paste that into amazon...price is right and they really work.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

unless his school pictures is approaching, I'd just let it ride...
    They'll eventually disapear ...
    He's not being called Pizza Face by the other bullies in the park is he..?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

Uni is a year old now an she has had bad acne for a few months. I washed it twice a day and clean her bowls once a day but this did nothing, I asked the vet about it and the first thing we did was ash it with a peroxide shampoo we got for demodex, it's supposed to dry it out. It did help but was hard to use . I would have to do it during a bath to make sure I rinsed it well enough. Plus the acne as still there, the shampoo would help for about two days they the acne would get red and sore looking again. So next time at the vet office I asked again and she gave me Pyoben gel. Same active ingredient but it is a cream.. Works great, I applied it every day for a week, it went away but still cam back after I stopped using it so know I use it about every other day. It does work but it was pretty pricey! 20$ for a small bottle. I really hope after some time I wont have to apply it so often.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Custer and Maisie
    Likes (Received)

Been using Duoxo pads for the past two years on Sherman, but they are no longer working

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads (30 Count) pads are the best...copy and paste that into amazon...price is right and they really work.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Custer and Maisie
    Likes (Received)

I'm going to the vet Saturday. I'll be taking this along with me...well the name of it anyway. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mendomama View Post
    Uni is a year old now an she has had bad acne for a few months. I washed it twice a day and clean her bowls once a day but this did nothing, I asked the vet about it and the first thing we did was ash it with a peroxide shampoo we got for demodex, it's supposed to dry it out. It did help but was hard to use . I would have to do it during a bath to make sure I rinsed it well enough. Plus the acne as still there, the shampoo would help for about two days they the acne would get red and sore looking again. So next time at the vet office I asked again and she gave me Pyoben gel. Same active ingredient but it is a cream.. Works great, I applied it every day for a week, it went away but still cam back after I stopped using it so know I use it about every other day. It does work but it was pretty pricey! 20$ for a small bottle. I really hope after some time I wont have to apply it so often.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Custer and Maisie
    Likes (Received)

erhm....lol.

He's 5 and gets them often (predisposed and all that) so I doubt they will just disappear, but if they do, Mr. Daniels, we'll unscrew a bottle of what you have as your name here and celebrate.

What's bad is he rubs his chin on my pretty carpet to bust them...yes...he does. So it would be lovely for that NOT TO HAPPEN. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    unless his school pictures is approaching, I'd just let it ride...
    They'll eventually disapear ...
    He's not being called Pizza Face by the other bullies in the park is he..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads