Acne

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
I've had bulldogs for quite a few years but never had to deal with acne before. I've been using several products for acne, washing their metal bowls after meals and doing anything I can think of to allieviate the situation. If anyone has something that worked particularly well I'd really appreciate it!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I've had bulldogs for quite a few years but never had to deal with acne before. I've been using several products for acne, washing their metal bowls after meals and doing anything I can think of to allieviate the situation. If anyone has something that worked particularly well I'd really appreciate it!

Sorry, I can't help with the acne but I can say :welcome:

Someone will be along soon with the experience you are looking for.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
seems you are doing everything right..... are you drying the face after drinking?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie has has the odd spot/pimple ,when they appear i dab it with colloidal silver and it goes within a couple of days,karen

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
My previous bully had chin acne bigtime, we eventually switched from plastic to metal and finally to ceramic. Not sure if it was the cure all, we were washing her face every 3 days with a mediated shampoo. After switching it never came back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Miila tends to have it also but for her she scratches her chin up a lot so it is more red than actual acne. I know Cutty got it when he was young. Kinda dissappeared eventually, wether it be food or what I dunno. With Miila I use the mal a ket wipes from amazon and they clear up fast.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
unless his school pictures is approaching, I'd just let it ride...
They'll eventually disapear ...
He's not being called Pizza Face by the other bullies in the park is he..? :laugh:

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Uni is a year old now an she has had bad acne for a few months. I washed it twice a day and clean her bowls once a day but this did nothing, I asked the vet about it and the first thing we did was ash it with a peroxide shampoo we got for demodex, it's supposed to dry it out. It did help but was hard to use . I would have to do it during a bath to make sure I rinsed it well enough. Plus the acne as still there, the shampoo would help for about two days they the acne would get red and sore looking again. So next time at the vet office I asked again and she gave me Pyoben gel. Same active ingredient but it is a cream.. Works great, I applied it every day for a week, it went away but still cam back after I stopped using it so know I use it about every other day. It does work but it was pretty pricey! 20$ for a small bottle. I really hope after some time I wont have to apply it so often.

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Been using Duoxo pads for the past two years on Sherman, but they are no longer working :(

Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads (30 Count) pads are the best...copy and paste that into amazon...price is right and they really work.

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm going to the vet Saturday. I'll be taking this along with me...well the name of it anyway. Thanks!

Uni is a year old now an she has had bad acne for a few months. I washed it twice a day and clean her bowls once a day but this did nothing, I asked the vet about it and the first thing we did was ash it with a peroxide shampoo we got for demodex, it's supposed to dry it out. It did help but was hard to use . I would have to do it during a bath to make sure I rinsed it well enough. Plus the acne as still there, the shampoo would help for about two days they the acne would get red and sore looking again. So next time at the vet office I asked again and she gave me Pyoben gel. Same active ingredient but it is a cream.. Works great, I applied it every day for a week, it went away but still cam back after I stopped using it so know I use it about every other day. It does work but it was pretty pricey! 20$ for a small bottle. I really hope after some time I wont have to apply it so often.

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
erhm....lol.

He's 5 and gets them often (predisposed and all that) so I doubt they will just disappear, but if they do, Mr. Daniels, we'll unscrew a bottle of what you have as your name here and celebrate.

What's bad is he rubs his chin on my pretty carpet to bust them...yes...he does. So it would be lovely for that NOT TO HAPPEN. :p

He's not being called Pizza Face by the other bullies in the park is he..? :laugh:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

OMG I have missed you.

:cursing: Where the heck have you been?

Re: Zits - sounds to me like you're doing everything right. Bea had horrible acne for a time but after we start doing everything you're already doing - it went away. I have Stridex on hand -- just in case of a break out. We don't want them looking crappy for the school pictures now, do we? :nonono:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.