HELP!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Ok so yesterday morning I woke up to Winston chewing on his collar! Well he some how managed to get it off of his neck while he was sleeping and decided to start chewing it...in the process he broke it and because I can not find it I think he ate a piece. It was the middle part of the clip that snaps into the other side to secure it around his neck. I called the vet and they told me I could wait to see if it passes. I am worried about him though he is not throwing up or anything, but he went :poo: about 5 times yesterday and once was a bit runny. Do I wait it out a day or so?? I don't know what to do! Other then that he is acting fine! Thanks!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi we had a horrible experience with Duke eating a huge toy.. I would wait.. if he starts acting sluggish, no bowel movement, the runs or throwing up I would take him in.. Duke started to throw up foam :(... even after we took him in they gave him a shot and sent us home.. he passed it the next morning.. my opinion is to keep close watch.. Good Luck!! :photo:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hi we had a horrible experience with Duke eating a huge toy.. I would wait.. if he starts acting sluggish, no bowel movement, the runs or throwing up I would take him in.. Duke started to throw up foam :(... even after we took him in they gave him a shot and sent us home.. he passed it the next morning.. my opinion is to keep close watch.. Good Luck!! :photo:

Agree... Thank you Baby Duke.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ivy once ate almost half of a boot. there were 3 metal rings for laces, and one was missing. i still don't know if she actually swallowed it, and it happened about a year ago. she continued to have bowel movements and actually threw up a big piece of boot about 3 days later. couldn't have felt that good, but she was fine.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Im glad to hear I am not the only one going through this lol! Ohh these bullies! :p i will keep an eye on him and hope he passes it!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry I'm so late! My Jake has eaten things you would never think possible! His most recent victim was half of a chenille pillow sham! Now mind you..it WAS on a pillow at the time, but he had an attraction to that sham! :cursing: there have been numerous towels...cat toys..etc! I usually get woken up about 2:38 a.m By him barfing and I'm always amazed at what is there! I agree..it will probably pass...one end or the other

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully it will pass on way or another. That's another reason why we take our collars off in the house.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Yeah he does not wear his collar anymore unless he goes for walks! We never had a problem before so I never thought twice about it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.