Acana Pacifica Food + Sumo Gas

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Hi Everyone,

So i had Sumo on the Acana lamb and apple and it was OK, but i switched her to the pacifica. I love it! It has helped her wrinkles, (i used to wipe and clean them with witch hazel twice a day because they were never dry) and now i do it about twice a week. Her coat is soooo silky and smooth. She has never looked or felt better.

The side effect: her gas is terrible! I had friends over on the weekend and it hink some of them almost couldn't take it anymore (i think im just used to it at this point).

I'm still on my first big bag of the food. Do you think the gas is something because she is still getting used to it? i would hate to have to try and swtich her to something else because i really love the Pacifica.

Anyone have any suggestions for gassy pups?
Let me know!

Thanks! Lindsay and Sumo
536482_10100667581578541_58005365_59357903_1140253790_n.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
101 folks have read this and nothing huh?

I don't have a suggestion for you either. Chicken is the culprit here so everything that goes into their bowls/mouths is certified chicken free - except their scrambled eggs of course. ha ha

I dunno man. I'd put up with some gas to have all those other benefits myself --- but I am uber tolerant when it comes to my dogs. ha ha !!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola liked the acana lamb when we were testing out foods, but her gas was so terrible that i chose not to buy it anymore....:)

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson has now been only on acana pacifica for two days. Havent noticed any gas. Poop is solid. I can let you know more after he has been on it for a while

OP
SUMOPUP

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Watson has now been only on acana pacifica for two days. Havent noticed any gas. Poop is solid. I can let you know more after he has been on it for a while

Thanks for writing everyone! I know, i saw it got so many views but no one responded. Maybe because the members dont use this type and so they dont have experience with it. I love how soft Sumo is, and having her wrinkles clear is AMAZING! But i do feel bad to see my friends almost passing out!

Let me know how it goes with you! I'm still on our first big bag, so hopefully this side affect will clear up as she gets even more used to it? fingers crossed.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
gregory has been on that same food for a while, he too had gas at first but it has cleared up. his old food made him have horrible gas.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.