What could this be on Spunky's feet?

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
2660ccfe-645e-aae9.jpg

2660ccfe-6472-4a8c.jpg

Spunky has a reddish raw spot on one of her front paws, she also has a kind o red rear paw. I'm thinking she may have got into some ants or something while going potty in the yard. It could also be interdigital cysts or allergies? I'm not sure, can anybody tell from the pics.

I did notice a few days ago she was licking at her paw so possibly could've began a few days ago. Anybody have any advice or input? I'd appreciate it, and sorry about lack of info I'm at work and pics are from my wife back at home.

Don't Fight The Spunk!

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=4212]Spunkysmom2012[/MENTION] tagged

Don't Fight The Spunk!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
interdigital cysts.... caused by allergies. Can soak in epsom salts and that helps. Preperation H can be put on them too. BUT if you can figure out the allergy you will be much better off than just treating them. THIS is the problem a lot of us bully owners face. My Miila is a mess and has been since getting her. I think with her some is food allergies but a lot of also seasonal I believe.

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I'm with her and It doesn't seem to bother her right now...there was also one flea on her last week, though we've treated her for that, not sure if that has to do with it either.

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
First time and we changed food about a month ago from something I cant remember lol to Fromm ([MENTION=4212]Spunkysmom2012[/MENTION] knows) so soak and preparation H, thanks.

Don't Fight The Spunk!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
The flea treatment I wouldnt think would be the cause so much but not 100%. Miila seems worse after the gardeners come, so grass is an issue for her I believe also.

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
First time. We are currently on Fromm beef frittata, and have made it through almost one bag. We did mix some wet Canidae food on Tuesday (her treat for graduating puppy class). I do want to get her tested for allergies now.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
First time. We are currently on Fromm beef frittata, and have made it through almost one bag. We did mix some wet Canidae food on Tuesday (her treat for graduating puppy class). I do want to get her tested for allergies now.

hmmmmm well it could be either but maybe leaning toward the canidae. I would try not giving the canidae and see if they continue. If so, you might want to try a diff flavor of the fromm. They have 4 now that are grain free and can be switched between easily with no having to mix or anything. It is easier to try and rule out the food allergies than it is seasonal for sure.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Food allergies are a common cause of them. Any allergies are but being that food is so much easier to figure out I would start there. You can try benedryl, so long as there is no tylenol in your benedryl. 25mg per 25 pounds so 1 pill per 25 pounds.

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Wet Canidae was actually a few days ago, celebrating her graduating from puppy training!!!! Thanks for the help!

Don't Fight The Spunk!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
anytime! Hopefully that was it. Look at the ingredients and maybe compare them to your fromm. If that was it, then it will help you know what ingredient is good and bad for her next time. Hopefully that was it anyhow. ;)

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Quick Q what kind of PrepH, prevents further irritation ointment, PrepH cooling gel or smooth cream with Oloe?

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online