What could this be on Spunky's feet?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
sometimes allergy,in growing hair,after nails have been cut,soak in epsom salt and dry off keep doing this till it bursts if indeed it is a cyst,karen

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
She got her nails cut two weeks ago!? So maybe

Don't Fight The Spunk!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Duke would get these when his allergies were bad. we would do the epsom salt soaks, if it get worse I would make an appt with the vet..

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Spunky's feet are much better looking, I can tell there's still a little bump but not red like before. I soaked her feet and put the preparationH on the bumps, that seemed to help. I also gave her a benedryl and she slept it off. Now she's back to her playing self :)

I will soak again tonight, and let everyone know how they look tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
One more thing. For allergy testing. There's blood work and skin test...I don't know how I feel about the skin testing, everyone's thoughts? Have you done this?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
One more thing. For allergy testing. There's blood work and skin test...I don't know how I feel about the skin testing, everyone's thoughts? Have you done this?

I have not so no help here. I do think they have to be 1 yr old for a test but could be wrong also. Not sure how old your baby is but just throwing that out there. Glad the paw is looking better. Now to see if it comes back or just goes away is the next test.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interdigital cysts.... caused by allergies. Can soak in epsom salts and that helps. Preperation H can be put on them too. BUT if you can figure out the allergy you will be much better off than just treating them. THIS is the problem a lot of us bully owners face. My Miila is a mess and has been since getting her. I think with her some is food allergies but a lot of also seasonal I believe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ great advice!!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Great! I did both. And I haven't looked too much into it so could be right about being one year. Right now she's doing great and following me around like normal :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i did the allergy test with sarah. and i think they recommend it at 1 year old for puppies. i did the blood test. very simple procedure and it takes about 7 to 10 days to get the results. you can do food or environmental or both. i chose to do both with sarah as i wanted to know exactly what i was dealing with. has helped alot with her food issues. i recommend it

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] thanks for the recommendation, I guess we will need to wait until 1 year! At least she's better today.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Just keep up the soaking and ointment and it will go away. I've stopped cysts in their tracks on Wilson and BabyGirl but I wash paws with Hibiclens and then spray with an antiseptic spray I got from the vet. They don't get them very often but I always know when one is starting to develop when I catch them licking their paws.

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Got home today and Spunkys looks to be doing better, however, you can she's been licking her paws today ;( we will soak and ointment and hope to catch these before an out break or anything. [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] did you get those Meds via the vet?

Don't Fight The Spunk!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Its called Deep Pyoderma (interdigtal cysts) can be caused by allergies among other things, it turns into a bacterial infection which I delt with in my Gunnyboy, I did the soaks, prep h, salves and many antibotics and the only thing that took them away was Clindimycin, a antibiotic that is easy on their stomachs and little adverse affects to the dog. I fought these things and are hard to conqure.

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
Most likely, it's the allergy. It's a chronic condition for our dogs, so you will see more of that in future. You'll learn to deal with it more easily and efficiently as the time go on. I know I did. I've been dealing with Dukey's allergies for a year now, interdigital cysts are least of my worries. Dukey is allergic to grass dust and chicken. Not much I can help out in his surroundings and environment. So we put him on a medication when his allergies worsens. Some goes with little dose of steroid, and I'm going with cyclosporine. It is working for the best for Dukey as up now with his allergy issues.

Spunky will be fine =] I'm sure he's in good hands.

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Spunky is feeling fine as far as we can tell. I called the vet other day and she said to keep giving her Benedryl for now, until we can take her in. They said they would probably give her a cortisone shot, does anyone have any over the counter ideas for now? She's still licking poor baby :(

We have soaked in epsinsalt and applied preparationH for a couple days now, also give her a Benedryl.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online